Chapter Thirty Three

Ratchet frowned worriedly. He watched the door she left through and sighed, getting up. "June, I'll be back. I'll make you tea too, what sounds good to you? Chamomile? Green? Chai?" Ratchet grunted as he got off the bed, walking around to gently kiss his wife's head. "I want to check on her one last time." He murmured, rubbing her cheek gently. The old doctor was very worried about her. 

"I'll be fine. I like any tea, love. Just go check on her." she whispered and gently gripped his hand then kissed it. They could hear the family talking and saying goodbye to the young woman. The wreckers wanted to know if she needed help, and she said she was fine.

The doctor smiled faintly and kissed his wife's hand before leaving the room, shutting the door behind him. He walked down the hall and into the living room. "Skye... can we chat for a moment?" He called as he rubbed his face a bit to wake up and adjust to the bright lights.

She was talking to her family and giving them goodbye hugs. She looked at him and hesitated then nodded slowly. She went over and hugged his arm as he stumbled a little. "Easy Grandad." She whispered quietly and led him somewhere they could speak in private. 

The old man followed her quietly, gripping her hand. He frowned as he soon was alone with her. "Is it a good idea for you to continue this? How do we know you're safe when we don't know these people and neither do you? You only work with them... you can't trust them all the time." Ratchet murmured as he rubbed her cheek, looking at her with concern. "We're all here and I understand you want to help people but... maybe when you aren't going alone you should do this." He advised her. "I'm worried about you, Skye."

She nodded as her tears fell and she gently gripped his hand. "I know... and thank you so much for being here... but I never go alone... I'm with Zane and the others on my team." She whispered quietly. "I'll... be... okay..." she choked again. "I'll have my team and Zane protects me." She said as she smiled sadly. 

Ratchet sighed heavily. "We don't know him. You may but... I haven't even had a full conversation with him. Don't go on the next mission, please." He frowned, rubbing away her tears. "There will be plenty of more missions to come, Skye. Just settle down for a bit here." He tried to persuade her.

"Grandad... it's complicated... if I don't go... they'll think I've abandoned the cause, and come looking for me." She whispered as she gripped his arm. "I can try to leave... but... that won't help right now.... I would have to go through the system and..." she sighed forcefully and hung her head as she gripped his arm more. "I don't want to go... but I don't want to bring the soldiers' wrath on my family..." she rasped. 

"What cause?" He frowned deeply, looking at her confused and worried. "Skye, what did you get yourself into?" His eyebrows furrowed. "I'll go with you and we will sort this out together."

"Grandad..." she whispered quietly and gently gripped his face between her hands. "I'm with the soldiers... a group of them. We go up to the surface and look for people. Then we come down and report. The problem with me not going or me just leaving.... is they'll think I've gone to the Decepticon's side." She explained as she watched him. "But that's okay... you and papa go talk to my leader while I'm gone... but... I have to go..." she whispered. 

"That's ridiculous! You are not going. You will take a sick day." He frowned deeply. "Any group that strict, is not a good group they cannot assume something like that so quick." He shook his head.

"They only assume it because it's happened before." She said as she looked at him and stepped back as she buried her face in her hands. "I only joined... so I could find my family..." she whispered and looked at him again. "I didn't have anyone... I was alone and wanted to help... this was what I wanted to do." She whispered.