Chapter Eighteen

The father nodded slowly and sighed shakily then looked at her as he smiled sadly. "Jack woke up... he said Optimus was alive... but we didn't get anything else out of him.... because he fell asleep... I'm going to go visit him in the morning...." he whispered quietly and looked to the other room. Bumblebee was sleeping on the couch and Quinn lay on his chest as she slept, some crayons still in her hand. He smiled a little, grateful she made a friend with the young bot.

Riley's eyes widened. "That's great! Tell me how it goes." She smiled brightly. She looked over and her expression softened. "That's sweet." She murmured gently, going over quietly and grabbed a blanket, draping it over them. She began packing up Quinns coloring silently.

Rafael walked over and leaned against the door-frame. He smiled a little as he watched her with some pride in his eyes. "I will... hopefully we get this figured out." He said.

His oldest nodded and began bringing the boxes of crayons to the shelf, putting them away with her color books. "I'm sure we will..."she spoke quietly and glanced at him. "We can figure it out. Every problem has a solution... right?"

"Exactly." he whispered and smiled as he fixed his glasses then went to lock up for the night. "We'll go to the lab first thing in the morning." he promised.

Riley nodded and began standing. She took her ponytail holder out of her hair and her short hair fell just past her shoulders. "Alright. We can go visit Jack first if you want." She smiled a bit and began heading to the hallway to go to her room.

"Thank you." He said as he watched her go then turned the lights off. He sighed shakily again then went to bed.

She shut her lights off as she thought about something. "Goodnight." She whispered before shutting her door and going to bed as well.

The next morning, Bumblebee was up again and making breakfast. Quinn was sitting on the counter watching him and talking about things. Riley walked down the hall, adjusting her glasses tiredly as she entered the room. She smiled faintly at Quinn before glancing at the kitchen. "Bee... you don't have to do this." She murmured and went over to take over.

He shook his head and grinned excitedly as he looked at her. He glanced at her hair and chuckled softly then ruffled it. Quinn giggled as she watched them then looked at the man. "Uncle Bee." She giggled.

Riley huffed softly, smiling a bit. She shook her head and began leaving the kitchen then went to Quinn sitting down beside her. "Sleep okay?"

"Yes!" She squealed and grinned up at her. "I had a pretty dream again about the pretty green grass. It was everywhere." She grinned and pointed to her drawings on the table in the living room, she was still 'helping' Bee cook.

Riley glanced over at her drawings and smiled some. "I'm sure, that sounds great. Did you see any butterflies?" She asked gently as she leaned against the couch cushion.

"Um... yes and our family was there." She grinned. Bumblebee helped her off the counter and she went to her pictures. She grabbed them and grinned as she brought them to her sister. She had drawn flowers in a meadow with butterflies. She had also drawn her family dancing around.

The older girl gently took the paper and looked at it. She smiled brightly and looked at Quinn. "I love the flowers and how our family is here. How often do you dream of meadows?" She asked curiously as she handed the paper back to her.

"A lot." She grinned and showed her four others. They were similar but a bit different. She saw another one where Quinn was standing in a meadow and a giant robot stood in front of her. He was black and had red eyes.

Riley took them and examined them all. She frowned a bit, her breathing hitching as she saw the robot. "Um... Quinn? Who's that?" She asked quietly as she pointed to the robot, her hold on the paper shaking a little. "Did you dream that?"