Chapter Six

Sari listened quietly and smiled a bit. She felt his tears and gently moved her hand to cup his cheek, barely opening her eyes to watch him as she brushed away his tears. "Love... you.."

Rafael stared at her then smiled just a little though it was sad. "I love you too... I love you so much." He whispered quietly. "I need you... please... hold on... I'm trying..." he rasped.

Sari rubbed his cheek with her soft thumb. "I'm... here... holding..." she spoke in breaths, staring at him, drained. She struggled to smile back at him. 

He watched her then gently gripped her hand and rested his forehead against hers. "Get some rest... gather your strength..." he whispered. "I love you so much..." he muttered.

Sari nodded a little. "Love you...always. I'll... be fine." She murmured, trying to grip his hand tightly but could only squeeze his hand a tiny bit. She closed her eyes tiredly. 

Raf nodded and stayed there as he held her hand to his heart and kept his forehead against hers. She had gotten sick shortly after she had Quinn. He didn't want the child to think it was her fault.

Riley watched sadly from the doorway, and began leaving the room to grab something to eat, taking Quinns hand gently and having her come with. Sari began falling asleep, her hand only hanging on his grip. 

Quinn looked back at her father who was still with their mother and just being with her. "Where are we going?" she asked quietly to her sister.

"We're going to set the table and make some spaghetti. Hows that sound? Want to help me?" Riley asked gently, smiling faintly as she looked down at the girl.

Quinn nodded happily and grinned as she looked up at her. "Okay." She squealed and ran into the kitchen. She worked on setting the table as she told her about her day. Her older sister smiled as she began putting water in the pot and making the noodles before making the sauce. She occasionally asked questions.

The child giggled and soon finished then walked over to help her as she answered the questions. She told her a few more stories and climbed on a chair to help stir. Riley smiled as she placed the lid over the noodles. She began taking a few seasonings and putting them into the sauce she stirred.

She smiled as she listened. "Sounds amazing." She told her patiently.

"Really?" the little one asked and looked up at her then went back to her stirring. She fell silent as she thought. "How was... you day?" she asked.

Riley smiled faintly and nodded at her as she grabbed the noodles and went to strain the water. "My day was okay. Nothing as eventful as yours." She spoke with a smile. 

Quinn smiled as she looked her then followed her around as she watched intently. "Why don't you stay here?" she asked. "Then you can have fun... and not boring day." she grinned.

Riley chuckled a bit. "I wish I could." She said as she poured water and the noodles through the strainer. "But I have to go help people." She said and set the pot to the side. Quinn thought for a while and looked at her again as she grinned happily.

"You can help me." she said. "I'm a people." she said and pointed to herself.

Riley smiled in amusement, laughing softly. "You're a person." She said gently, tapping her nose with a finger. "And I help you when I get home." She smiled brightly. Quinn giggled and covered her face with her tiny hands. The four year old grinned up at her again.

"You stay here help me people and be happy and have fun." she grinned. "Mommy a people and we can play doctor and help her." she said. She didn't want her sister to be bored.