Chapter Twenty Six

Ratchet sat in the silence with him for a while before reaching through the bars and grabbing the soup on the tray, giving it to him. "Here, you need to eat." He spoke firmly, giving him a look. Bumblebee glanced at him and sighed forcefully. He sat up and quietly took it then started to eat. He looked at him and gave him a questioning expression. Wondering if he had eaten. 

The doctor shook his head. "I ate at the hospital." He said calmly then frowned seeing him suddenly act strangely. "Bumblebee?" He asked with pure concern. The scout suddenly jumped in surprise and cried out. The young man shook his head as he looked at him then set the soup aside. He furrowed his brow and glanced at his hands, trying to figure out what had happened. It was strange and his eyes widened suddenly. His alternate mode. He cried out again and looked around quickly.

The older man frowned deeply and looked at him with worry. He looked to a soldier and got up, grunting at his weak knees. He began asking him frantically to let Bumblebee go but the man wouldn't let him.

"That man is dangerous and attacked one of our own." He said seriously. "We can't just let him go." He huffed. Bumblebee watched him and bit his lip as he rubbed his midsection. He glanced around wondering what was going on. 

Ratchet frowned. "He is family and I can keep an eye on him. Please listen to me." He spoke firmly, glaring at the soldier. 

The man narrowed his eyes as he watched him then glared at Bumblebee. "I'll see what I can do." He said seriously and left. 

Ratchet nodded then watched him go. He went to Bumblebee in front of the bars and gripped them. "Are you in pain?" He frowned. 

He shook his head then furrowed his brow as he shuddered. They were doing something to his alternate mode. He looked at Ratchet with fear in his eyes then wondered if he even remembered. How could he explain things to him? Yes he was in pain but it came and went. His eyes widened in pain and he cried out as he curled up and lay on the floor. He felt strange as if he was being torn in two different directions. He felt his alternate mode coming back online but he had been a Holoform for far too long. Blood dripped from his nose as the strain became worse.

Ratchet's eyes widened seeing him holler. He knelt down and wished he could scan him like he usually could, but he couldn't and it frustrated him. He got up, running to find the soldier with the keys. Bumblebee screamed in his broken voice as the pain continued. They were rushing it and he was struggling to focus on the two forms. He wasn't used to this. He curled up more and shook as he gripped his head. 

The doctor grabbed the keys as the soldier was asking his boss then ran back to the cells, quickly unlocking them. He swung the door open and ran to him, crouching by his side, scared he may go into a seizure. Bumblebee started shaking more and cried out as the blood dripped from his nose. He seemed to be in danger of going into one.

The old medic sat behind him and put the young man's head on his lap, holding his head to the side a bit and trying to make him comfortable. He pushed his hair back a bit, frowning deeply. "Easy, Bumblebee..." he muttered. The scout grit his teeth and seethed through them as he tried to calm himself. He gripped the man's arm and looked at him with fear. He didn't know what to do and he couldn't do anything to stop this. The soldiers with the keys rushed over.

Ratchet began helping the man stand to his feet. He gripped his shoulder and began helping him leave the cell. "He needs medical attention." He told the soldiers sternly. 

"He isn't leaving. Plus he got the bloody nose from when we fought him." He said seriously and they stood in his way. Bumblebee gripped his friend's arm and smiled a little, trying to reassure him it would be okay.

"Go... to Jack..." he rasped weakly as he looked at him. "Thank... you..." he whispered as his voice faded more.