Chapter Twenty Three

Fowler ran out and bust through the doors. He ran outside and sped past the parked cars, seeing them ahead. He panted heavier, his heart pounding in his chest as sweat poured down his forehead. "B-Bumbl-wait!" He gasped. 

Bumblebee looked up and jumped out of the car then stood in front of her as he narrowed his eyes. He blinked a couple times in surprise as he recognized the man then grinned excitedly. He ran over and hugged the man tightly as he smiled more. He was so happy to see the man and wondered why he was here. He frowned deeply and looked at him, then noticed he was struggling. He felt panicked and had him sit down in the car to rest.

Riley stepped back, letting the man handle it then frowned in confusion as they hugged. She walked over carefully as she began gripping the journal and bag tighter. She watched him sit and blink. "I... uh... who are you?" She asked, seeing he knew Bumblebee.

Fowler panted, taking out a napkin and patting his face with it, the old fat man trying to get his breath under control. He grinned though, smiling at Bumblebee. Once settled, he relaxed. "My name is William Agent Fowler. I'm glad to see you alive Bumblebee. I just ran into Raf, I hope I can keep running into you guys." He chuckled a bit. "Raf guessed right, it's good to see you again Bumblebee." He said, offering his hand to shake.

The scout smiled a little and shook the man's hand then hugged him again. Even though the agent yelled at them a lot, he was still a good person. He fought bravely and had a big heart. The scout moved back and crouched by him as he sat there. He smiled slightly and worried about the man that was a little pale now. He hoped Fowler would be okay. He blinked in surprise when the man said he ran into Rafael. "Is... he... okay?" He asked, weaker. His voice was disappearing again and would probably be permanently lost.

The agent smiled a bit and watched him, grabbing his left arm for a moment as he felt it ache. He figured he must have been sitting so much at his desk and got a cramp. "Raf... is fine. Mentally... he's scared out of his mind. I recommend you don't go in there with this mode." Fowler said, patting the car. He sighed softly and leaned back, his chest a bit heavy as he tried to relax. "Well... I hate to touch on the subject but that stinks how your holoform won't let your voice work either. Don't push yourself, Bumblebee. You could make it worse."

Riley watched the man with furrowed eyebrows, looking at his symptoms. "B-Bee... I think he needs to see a hospital." She whispered seriously.

The young man looked at her then at the older man as he nodded quickly. He gently set a hand on the man's heart then looked at her slightly confused. He needed to get his alternate mode working, but Agent Fowler needed a doctor. Bumblebee looked at Riley hoping she had an idea on what to do. He felt driving would be the best idea or call for help. He glanced around quickly as he worried about losing the man. He looked back at Fowler and gave him a questioning expression. Wondering what he meant by that.

She frowned deeply, hoping it wasn't a heart attack but had a feeling it was. She knew they had no time to bring him anywhere and shook her head. "Maybe he just has gas in his chest." She whispered, hoping. The man grunted and sat up again, not on the verge of passing out or anything. He looked to Bumblebee and smiled a bit as he heard her. 

"It's only heartburn. Don't worry." He said gently as he began getting up. He gripped the door to help get up. "Don't keep using your voice is what I meant. And Raf said something about you rushing to find your car could kill you or something like that."

Bumblebee furrowed his brow and shook his head. He didn't think that was the case and helped the man up. He steadied him and still felt something wasn't right. He glanced at Riley and pointed to the journal again. "Save... Raf..." he rasped quietly, his voice barely audible now.