Chapter Thirty Two

Adrien nodded a bit. "If it's the same to you all, I'm really in no rush to seperate today." He smiled a bit, glancing at his parents then his sister. Hunter nodded in agreement, crossing his arms, frowning. The troubles of finding each other couldn't be tossed aside just yet.

Raf smiled slightly and looked at his own family then nodded in understanding. He went to the other room to make a few calls as they stayed together. Hunter looked at Riley and winked as he smirked. Skye caught it and smacked his arm as she gasped. Riley watched him go then glanced around, blinking in surprise at Hunter, blushing. She turned and walked to the kitchen to grab a drink, letting the rose tint leave her face slowly. Adrien looked at his brother with an amused look, shaking his head.

Hunter glanced at his twin and shrugged as he smiled slightly. He then went to help where he could. Jack watched them as he sat on the couch and smiled a little. He closed his eyes as his wife rested her head against his shoulder. He was so happy they were together now. Adrien snorted and crossed his arms over his chest. 

Sari began packing up dinner, Riley helping her quietly, fiddling with her necklace. "What's our next move?" Wheeljack whispered to Bulkhead, leaning over to him.

He furrowed his brow and looked at his wrecker friend as he rubbed his stump. "Honestly? I don't know.... our goal has been to get together for.... forever... now we're here and... I don't know. When Optimus isn't around... Ratchet is normally in charge." he said.

Wheeljack nodded a little but snorted. "Ratchet is no state to be in charge. He can't remember anything. One of us should be in charge." He said seriously, frowning deeply. Smokescreen stepped forward as if he was going to nominate himself but shook his head.

"I think Arcee should be in charge until we find Optimus." Smokescreen muttered, almost as if he was upset with his own idea.

They all looked at him and then at each other for a moment as they thought. "Smokescreen.... where did you end up when you left the base... and why did it take you so long to get back with us?" Bulkhead asked.

"Ya. What happened, Smokes?" Miko said as she frowned and all eyes went to him.

The rookie watched them, his eyes darting back and forth between them. He shrugged a little at their questions, shifting a bit from all the attention. "I... well when the bridge closed I immediately regretted it so I drove back to base as fast I could. Everything was on fire and the base was completely destroyed," he explained and paused, frowning as he remembered the state it was all in. "I found Optimus and managed to drag him into a cave, his injuries terrible. We..." he paused, his eyebrows twitching. "We talked and well I went back to get the hammer and... it didn't have a lot of juice in it. I managed to get him to a stable condition. We hid there for years and years..." he trailed off, sighing softly. "We never left the cave." He then glanced at Arcee. "He then ordered me to go find you guys and that he would meet up with me. That's the last I saw of the big guy."

They stared at him then looked at each other again. It worried them that Optimus had disappeared. "How long were.... you in the cave?" Arcee asked.

"About... five years... we spent one year exploring undercover... but that was after three years in hiding. I went back to the cave after he sent me off... and... he was gone." He explained and their eyes widened in surprise.

"You haven't seen Optimus in... twenty years?" Bulkhead gasped and shakily stood. "Why did you leave him behind?" He said.

"You don't think I ask myself that everyday?!" He shouted suddenly. "I don't know why..." he trailed off and stared at the floor. 

Wheeljack shook his head. "Did Optimus say anything about where he could be going?" He asked and the speedster began thinking, frowning deeply.

"He didn't really mention anything that would hint where he would go." Smokescreen admitted, sighing.