Chapter Sixteen

Sari looked over to see Skye and smiled a little. "Hi... Skye." She whispered quietly as she looked at the young woman, her eyes brightening. "You are... a beautiful young lady."

Skye blushed deeply and looked down as she put her wild hair behind her ear. "Oh... um... thank you." She mumbled and glanced at Raf as he chuckled softly. Sometimes he didn't know who she took after more, Jack or Miko.

"You're welcome." Sari smiled at her faintly. "I never knew your... parents... I'm sure.... I'm sure they are very proud." She whispered, looking over to the other woman.

"Thank you..." she whispered quietly as she smiled a little more. Though she was slightly confused, this woman knew her family.

Sari nodded quietly and sighed softly. "Sweetheart... I think... I think I can... sit up today.." she whispered. "Will you help me?" She asked almost shamefully, shifting a bit in the bed.

Rafael smiled a little and gently kissed her. "Of course love." He said and carefully helped her sit up.

Sari shifted as she began sitting up and laid against propped up pillows, leaning against the headboard. "Thank you..." she murmured, looking at him gratefully. Raf smiled a little as he stayed by her side and Skye sat down by them.

"Sari... you may have met them once or twice... the twins even... I don't know... I remember mom talking about you and how amazing you were. She said the two of you became good friends and got into trouble a lot." She smiled a little.

The sick woman was silent for a moment, thinking. "Yes..." she smiled a little embarrassed that she forgot. "I remember. We used to, yes. Scared your father with... the trouble." She chuckled softly, her eyes closing for a moment before she opened them and looked at Skye. "The twins I remember a little... they liked bugging you a lot... but were... sweet boys." She murmured.

Skye smiled brightly and looked at her as tears filled her eyes. "I'll never complain about that again." She choked. Raf smiled sadly as he looked at her then at his wife.

Sari's expression softened and she weakly reached up and rubbed her cheek with her thumb. "I'm sure... we can find them." She whispered. "Give it... time.."

The young woman nodded and smiled sadly as she watched her. "Thank you... I hope so too..." she whispered

The sick mother smiled a bit and lowered her hand. "It will be alright..." she murmured tiredly. She leaned her head back and sighed softly. "How is your father?" She whispered.

Skye looked at her hands and fought back tears. "He's still in a coma... I'm so worried about him... but I know he'll be able to wake up soon." She whispered.

"Oh I'm so sorry." Sari whispered, her expression falling. "I... wish I could help..." she frowned deeply at the news.

The child smiled sadly and looked at her then nodded a little. "It's okay... he'll be alright." She whispered quietly.

Sari smiled and nodded a little before laying against the pillows, tired. She closed her eyes, sighing softly. "I'm glad... to see you... again."

The young woman smiled a little and nodded once. "It was so good to see you as well." She whispered quietly.

Sari smiled a little before it faded, her expression relaxing as she began to fall asleep. Her breathing softened and she began to sleep peacefully on the bed.

Raf watched her intently then gently kissed her forehead and brushed some hair out of her face. He looked at Skye who smiled a little and quietly left.

She blinked in surprise as she saw the others running around. "What's going on?" She asked. Riley ran out of the apartment after Bee, worried.

Ratchet looked over at Skye as he searched. "Bumblebee knows the cure for her. We are trying to find it." He spoke seriously, his voice rushed with concern as he dug through things.