40.WHEN SECRET IS NO MORE A SECRET

NANDINI POV:-

I woke up with Manik cursing himself and trying to warm me with extra socks and helping me wear a sweater.

I think I slept in the tub, shit I really felt cold now my fingers pruned and I couldn't feel my legs.

"stupid, stupid girl! What have you done? Are you becoming suicidal? Why would you drown yourself in the tub or were you sleeping? Who sleeps like that and I think Sridevi died like that only. You were so cold and If I came a little late you would be dead then what would I do with my self and this life. Maybe I will start this ritual called "Pati " and jump in fires with your body" Manik was talking without a pause with glassy eyes and pouty lips.

I slapped my hand on his mouth and he took my hand in his hands and kissed each finger and I know his eyes held anticipating to know why I slept.

I couldn't tell him what I didn't know so I shut up and pulled him to bed with me.

He was staring at me like I was breathing fire so I smiled and said " I don't know why I slept like that I didn't actually sleep I think. Well, I kind of felt like I was sleeping and I couldn't stop Myself from sleeping. It felt like I was out of my body it's weird to talk about it. Maybe I'm just too tired let's sleep it off okay thanks for pulling me out of tub baby ".

He kept staring at me and said nothing for half an hour but later he cuddled in my chest and slept smiling against my heart.

But I didn't sleep I couldn't because I felt like someone was watching me so I let Manik rest on my chest and starting reading a book called " Fan Girl ".

I completed the book till five I'm the morning and moved Manik aside to make breakfast in our kitchen.

Cabir was on dinner table drinking beer, beer from our fridge I don't remember purchasing.

I smiled at him and started making dosa because I was an expert in making them and it was better than chapati.

Cabir didn't bother with food he kept drinking beer like it was his only reason to live.

I kept hot dosa's and coconut chutney before him and left to wake up Manik.

As usual, Manik was looking at his phone most probably checking his Instagram feed.

" Want to eat dosa? They aren't that amazing but it's okay and check on cabir he is annoying me " I said trying to pull his phone from his hand.

Manik stood and held his hands above my head using my height as an advantaged to keep his phone away so I climbed the bed and jumped on his back.

He moaned "Nandini please I was posting something on Instagram but now if you and jump down I was posting about you ".

I jumped down mainly because I liked it when he posted things about me because he never posted anything to the public our's was a hidden marriage.

I heard the notification on my phone and took it immediately to check what he posted about me.

" I'm happy I'm the one, to be in love with you.

I want to scream my lungs, till I'm blue

I want the world to know, I have you

How happy I am to be in love with you. "

He posted a picture back from college days in S.P.A.C.E academy

He declared to the world that we are married and everyone was commenting on how cute we are and my school friends were texting me to know the deets on our story.