The promise

Chapter 8 THE PROMISE

------------

Scarlett felt extremely happy today. She didn't know why. Well, that's what she told herself. It of course had everything to do with last night. Draco... She hadn't been thinking about anything else. Scarlett thought it might be a good idea to go for a walk. She needed some time for herself.

"Scarlett! Hi!" Harry was waving at her. She waved back. "Hey Harry!" -"Let's get inside, shall we. It's so cold." -"Yeah, sure." They were sitting on Scarlett's bed. "How are you feeling today?" Harry asked. "I'm feeling awesome," she said self assured. "Really? That's great! And do you already remember something from yesterday?" "No, but I'm not trying to anymore, Harry. Nothing happened. I was tired and dizzy, so I fainted. Shit happens. It doesn't matter anymore." She shrugged her shoulders. "It doesn't matter?!" -"Nope. Draco found me and got me here, so everything is okay now." Harry lifted his eyebrows. "And now he can play the big hero, who saved you." -"Harry... He's been really sweet to me. And-" -"Oh no, don't let him get to you again! He's not worth it" Harry interrupted. "I think he's changed. He looks so... sensitive so suddenly." Scarlett smiled. "We're talking about Malfoy! Malfoy who cheated and hurt you!" Harry's voice was not so calm anymore. "That's ages ago Harry!" "And what about your breakup? That's not so long ago. What had he done to you then?! Huh?" Scarlett was getting mad now and raised her voice: "He didn't do anything to me! It was me! I screwed up, okay?!" Harry did not know what to say anymore. "I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have said... umh." Scarlett's eyes were getting wet. She tried to hold her tears, but she could not stop them. Harry put his arm around her and she laid her head on his shoulder. "It's gonna be okay," he whispered.

Scarlett had calmed down and Harry didn't know if he should ask her or not. He hesitated, but asked her anyway: "Do you want to talk about it? I mean, you have to tell someone. Believe me, you'll feel better, relieved." -"Yeah, you're right" she sighed. "Promise me you won't tell anyone." -"Of course not." -"I mean it, Harry. Promise me."

-" I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~