Occlumency

Chapter 30

-------------

"Of course, I hate her for what she did to you, but she's helping me. I really improved my magical skills because of her." -"Oh yeah? Like what?!" Scarlett wasn't lying in his arms anymore, but was sitting straight up. "That doesn't matter, babe" -"Yes it does!" -"Okay, fine, I can master non-verbal spells and cast the protean charm." -"Oh, that's all?" Scarlett knew this was already really advanced magic for their age, but she just didn't want to believe that he could do all of this because of Bellatrix. -"No." -"Then what else?" Scarlett didn't even give him the time to tell her. "Yeez, let me explain." -"Fine." Scarlett said stubbornly. "I repaired the vanishing cabinet last week and I can close my mind against legilimency. "So, you're an occlumens?" -"Well yes, I am now."Scarlett didn't know what to say. You must be a great wizard to master occlumency and he was only almost 17. She was now just staring at him until Draco started:" I know she did some horrible things, but on the other hand... She's the only one who seems to care. No one else of my family is here to help me. They just leave me with this impossible mission. She helps me, maybe in a cruel way, but I think it's almost the only way. I should apologize to her." Scarlett was completely blown away and didn't know where he had it right now.."How can you say that?!" Scarlett shouted. "Tomorrow. I'll apologize tomorrow." -"What's wrong with you! Listen to yourself. She nearly killed us!" -"And I nearly killed her! If you wouldn't have been there to stop me... I nearly killed my own aunt!"