I Can't

Chapter 11

-------------

Scarlett had taken Draco to their room. Draco had calmed down and would be able to explain everything. "Please tell me what's going on, Draco. I think I deserve that." He hesitated and sighed deeply. "I truely want to tell you, Scarlett, but I just can't. It might put you in danger. And that's the last thing I want. Believe me." -" No. You're going to tell me the truth! And now." Scarlett had raised her voice. "You were all covered in blood and still, I didn't force you to tell me what had happened. I have tried to comfort you. I have been sitting with you for an hour! Just because you were  afraid. You were crying and I stayed with you without asking questions. For weeks you have gone to bed after like 2PM or otherwise, you were awake and sometimes, I even thought I could hear you cry. I now need to know what's wrong or I won't help you anymore." He didn't answer immediately. "The choice is yours, " Scarlett said. He bit his lip. His eyes were getting wet again. He didn't want to lose her, but he had no choice. He sighed and finally said: "I can't..." Scarlett was disappointed. She looked into his eyes and then left without saying a word.

It has been a week now since Scarlett and Draco have had a proper conversation.  They have been ignoring each other for the whole week.

Scarlett was sitting outside with Lize and Blaise. Lize was giggling the whole time with Blaise's lame jokes and Scarlett would normally think they were funny as well, but she had other things on her mind right now. She could not stop thinking about Draco. She really wanted to help him. Maybe she hadn't have enough patience with him. Maybe he would eventually have told her himself, without her pushing him to. Scarlett felt awful. "What's wrong with you?" Blaise asked. "Oh, nothing." -"Right, " Lize said. "It's Draco, isn't it?" Lize knew her too well.  -"yeah, he's moody too. He never wants to do something fun anymore, " Blaise said while putting up a sad face.  "Poor thing, " Lize said with an obvious sarcastic tone in her voice. Scarlett sighed. "Yes, it's Draco. I screwed up. Something's wrong and I should be there for him." -"Then why aren't you?" -"He won't want my help anymore. It's too late for that." -"It's never too late, babes." Lize winked at her. Scarlett smiled. "Maybe you're  right." She gave Lize a kiss on her cheek and went off in no time. "Oi! What about me? I don't get a kiss?" Blaise shouted. Lize smiled at him and gave him the kiss he wanted. He smirked. "That's better." He gave Lize a playfull wink and she had to giggle again.