chapter one

𝚒'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚎

𝚒'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚎

𝓐nastasia Kane, the Ark's princess. Given the title by everyone in the ark and they treated her that way. Her father said that people just liked Anastasia so much that they would do anything for her but she knew the 24 hour guards on her were placed there by her father.

She was the shining star of the ark, while the majority of the teens were in lockup including many of her childhood friends, Anastasia never once shown any type of defiance. The Ark's princess was the Ark's first choice of leadership when her time came.

She had one weakness,  she was soft from her years of being cared for. She didn't have what it took to make hard decisions, or send anyone to death. She was the princess in line for the crown without any strength to hold up the crown.

"Princess" her father spoke walking into their "house" it was bigger than the others but big didn't mean much on the ark. In reality, big meant that they both were able to have their independent rooms, along with a living room, and a small area for a workspace.

"Yes?" She questioned as he walked into the room with his hands folded around his back. He wasn't ones for gifts but when he had one he pulled the same move, the same one he was pulling right now. As if he could pretend that nothing was hiding behind his back with his arms contorted.

Two guards stood with him, but they weren't the guards she usually saw on a everyday business as they walked her to and from places around the Ark. The guards were put there by her father to protect "the Ark's Future". That in the sense just meant they had moved their way under the thumb of Kane.

The new guards standing in the room had rough exterior and didn't seem to be amused by the unfamiliar sight of the Ark's princess. Any regular member of the Ark treated a sighting of Anastasia like a royal passing on a chariot, she was a renounced sight on the ship.

Her father ran up to her side giving the object behind his back which was a box, a wooden box, to one of the guards. Anastasia stared at the box in confusion, as the guard held it in his hand like it was a crown about to be placed on her head.

She knew it had to be something special because wood wasn't an easy find on the Ark, any wood, along with paper was ancient, and possibly a family heirloom. He held out his hands and placed them on hers. Her attention was taken off the box onto her hands encompassed in her fathers.

She wondered why her father would keep the guards around for this event. It seemed like an extra precaution that wasn't needed, they were both safe in their house, all threats were eliminated

"You are so very special to me Princess, and you are special to the Ark, but soon the Ark won't be around, so you have to rule over something else" he began as the guards still stood at attention. His words cut deep, as she grew confused, the Ark was the only thing left that hadn't been destroyed, it was the only thing that could be counted on.