chapter three

𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚛

𝓝ightfall came briskly, and as the chill began to kick in Anastasia started to head back to camp. She saw the glow of a burning fire something she had only see in books.

The yellow mixed with the orange to created a perfect harmony and it was mesmerizing, the rest of the people were huddled around it as shouts and hollers could be heard from the distance. Wells approached from the side, his limp still present by getting better as time went by.

"Find any water?" Anastasia asked staring at the fire as it burned into the dark night sky.

"No, i'll look tomorrow" he said trying to find her face in the darkness.

"What do you think they're doing?" She asked him still taken with the burning flame.

"Nothing good" Wells replied as he continued forward.

He began pushing people through as Anastasia followed this time people didn't part for her, they gave her nasty looks as she made it to the end of the circle. That's when she saw what they were all shouting about, a girl was kneeling as the guy who fought Wells pried off her wristband. He then threw it into the fire watching it burn.

"Who's next" Bellamy asked walking around the fire victorious.

"What the hell are you doing?" Wells asked looking angrily at Bellamy as he limped forward to him.

"What does it look like? We're liberating ourselves!" Bellamy screamed causing the crowd to go wild.

"It looks like you're trying to get us all killed" Wells replied, "the communication system is dead, these wristbands are all we got, take them off and the ark will think we're dying, that it's not save to follow"

"What do you think we're doing chancellor?" Bellamy questioned and then he looked at Anastasia. "Wait never mind, you aren't the next chancellor" Bellamy teased, this angered Wells up and he knew it. Wells stormed off through the crowd leaving Anastasia to take all the judgement. She was about to rush off, as the fire grew bigger, blinding her vision. She knew what happened another wristband was throw into the fire.

"We can take care of ourselves, can't we?" Bellamy yelled into the crowd, earning shouts and hollers back.

"You think this is a game? Those aren't just our friends and our parents up there, they're our farmers, our doctors, or engineers" Anastasia said looking at the crowd, "i don't care what he tells you, we won't survive on our own and besides if it really is safe, how could you not want the rest of our people to come down?"