chapter thirty-one

Everyone has been searching for Harper since the worrying discovery of her disappearance

Everyone has been searching for Harper since the worrying discovery of her disappearance. Anastasia tried searching beginning with Dante's office, heading her way down leading to the dorm room, checking all doors that she could manage to open. It was basically getting her nowhere, but at least she didn't feel useless. She made it back as Monty and Miller were dealing out the another set of cards. They all agreed that it would be best if at least two of them were to stay in the room to not draw attention to them as the others searched.

"Anything?" Monty asked dropping the cards.

"No" Anastasia breathed out taking a seat next to him, "Deal me in?" She questioned as Miller pasted her some cards. They played for not even 5 minutes when Jasper and Maya arrived back. Miller dropped his cards raising the volume on the speakers.

"Anything?" Jasper questioned as him and Maya plopped themselves on the end of the bed Miller was sitting on. They all nodded their heads "no", "Keep looking, whatever happened to Harper, someone must have seen something" Jasper demanded.

"I doubt there going to keep her out in the open, I think we need to be realistic" Anastasia remarked biting back at him.

"How many places could she be?" Miller asked, "We're in a sealed bunker" He explained.

"There has to rooms we don't know about, places that aren't mapped" Jasper inferred.

"Well, is it possible?" Miller asked turning to Maya.

"I doubt it, but maybe" Maya replied unsure.

"Thanks, you're just a big help" Miller sarcastically remarked with a huff.

"Easy Miller" Jasper objected, "Maya's on our side"

"Are you sure about that?" Miller snapped.

"Yes" Jasper retorted roughly, "I'm sure, She's risking more than any of us"

"Really?" Miller incredulously let out, "Is she gonna end up in a kennel too, if she's caught" he stated.

"Okay, Miller" Anastasia said trying to calm him down.

"I found something" Monty broke out, he pulled out the schematics as he began pointing at the paper, "That leads to an antenna on the ground, ok?, if we can access the radio message, we can send a message over the Ark-Wide channel, tell them we're here"

"The only radio is in the command center on level 7, highly restricted" Maya stated.

"We've got in before" Jasper said with a slight smirk.

"Only because it was scheduled for decontamination" Maya added, "That won't work again so soon"

"We don't need the radio" Monty spoke up leaning forward, "We need to wires the run into it" He said making sure everyone could see the map, "Here" the tapped on the map at the intersection point.