chapter twenty

𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗

The camp has been on high alert since the bridge blew up, knowing the eventually the grounders will come back. Bellamy increased watches around the clock, as they waited for the inevitable attack. Anastasia found herself on watch rarely but sometimes she would, as she watched the higher elevations on the lookout. She had nothing else to do. She watched out into the distance, wondering what they have discovered and what was still unknown to them. It seem never ending, and somewhere in the forest was the grounder's villages.

"Anything?" Bellamy asked coming up behind her scaring her because she didn't hear him approaching, "Woah, calm down?" He said settling her down. Anastasia took a deep breath before shaking her head "no"

"It's been two days" she stated, "maybe the bomb at the bridge scared them off"

"You believe that" Bellamy questioned, Anastasia shook her head again,

"No" she uttered, "they're coming" she added with fear in her voice as she felt Bellamy's eyes on her, she could even feel when they soften.

"Jasper thinks he can cook up some more gunpowder" Bellamy said turning around as he headed down the hill, Anastasia turned to follow him, "if he gets some sulfur, and Raven says she can turn that into landmines" he explained as Anastasia watched her footing as she stepped down the steep hill, "so be careful where you step" Bellamy added noticing her looking at her feet. She turned to him smiling, as she reached the end of the hill.

"Haha, funny" she sarcastically remarked as they were split by a tree, reuniting side by side.

"What I really need is 1,000 more of her tin can bombs" he said slowing his pace by a little bit as he was in thought, "i can roll into their village and blow those grounders to hell" Anastasia gave him a side glance stopping slightly feeling uncomfortable by his comment, "that's what they want to do to us" he defended himself

Anastasia shook her head in confusion, "can't believe we survived 100 years just so we could slaughter each other" she scoffed, "there has to be another way" her face riddled with disappointment and guilt

"Any word from the Ark?" Bellamy questioned

"Radio silence" she answered thinking about her father

"Finally ran out of air" he stated

"Maybe my dad got lucky" she said, knowing no matter what he had put her through she didn't wish oxygen deprivation on him, "at least it was quick" she added, "no one is coming to save us" she looked up to Bellamy as they shared the same worrying look. Anastasia continued the trek inside meeting Clarke at the gate as she stayed in the main camp ground nowadays.