chapter sixteen

"𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘?"

It seemed like they laid under those stairs forever, and Anastasia even managed to count them as she checked each one off in her mind. She was tracking the lines until her finger tip reached the end. The familiar shape was on the top of her tongue, but she couldn't seem to form the words, instead she just kept tracing the outline.

"Usra Major" Bellamy uttered surprisingly close to her, as he saw the outline on her fingers. She turned her head in shock, forgetting how close they were, as she could see into his soul through his dark eyes. She took a deep gulp, searching his eyes for a reason not the move. All she saw though was a broken boy, someone wanting to numb the pain of reality, and even though she wanted to help him she wasn't going to subject herself to the hurt of being left, by someone as fickle as Bellamy.

"We should go, Bellamy" she looked away from him, pushing away before standing up. She could have swore she heard an sigh from him but it was hidden by the traveling wind all around, as it picked the sound up and away from her ears.

Anastasia led them to the bunker as they picked out the guns and blankets preparing for the walk ahead. Every time Bellamy approached her, Anastasia would slid over leaving space between them.

"You okay?" Bellamy asked as the carried the guns over their shoulders, dragging the blankets behind them in a net.

"Yeah" Anastasia replied continuing till they got to the camp gates. They majority of the camp was circled around the fire looking frantic.

"What if he brings other grounders back? He'll kill us all" they heard walking into the camp, the grounder escaped, "or worse"

"Let the grounders come" Bellamy said as him and Anastasia broke through the crowd dropping the blankets to the ground but keeping the guns around their shoulders, "we've been afraid of them for far too long, and why?" Bellamy said preaching to the crowd like he does best, "because of their knives and spears, i don't know about you, but i'm tired of being afraid" he uttered as they removed the guns off their shoulders displaying them to the crowd, exciting them.

"These are weapons, not toys" Anastasia began, "and we have to be prepared to give them up to the guard when the drop ship comes down, but until then, they're going to keep us safe"

"And there are plenty more where these came from, tomorrow we start training, and if the grounders come, we're going to be ready to fight" Bellamy said as they group dispersed after they carried the guns into the drop ship to keep them save leaving the blankets for the 100 to have. When the 100 saw the blankets many seemed to forget about the guns that were bundled in the corner, as they quickly grabbed on as wrapped themselves in the worn cotton fabric, as the temperatures continued to drop.