chapter twenty- five

Clarke pulled Anastasia over to the side, while the rest took their seats and began to choke down the food presented to them

Clarke pulled Anastasia over to the side, while the rest took their seats and began to choke down the food presented to them. Anastasia was starving but she couldn't be focused on food at this time, while her heart buckled at the absence of Bellamy and Octavia.

"How many?" Anastasia asked choked up looking to the others, as they continued to scratch the ends of their plates.

"48, including you and me" Clarke answered, "apparently they are still searching for the others" she added suspicious, looking over with a snake eye.

"You don't believe them?" She questioned Clarke, as Clarke turned back to her.

"No" Clarke replied, "not one bit, look at this" Clarke added pulling out a binder with a map in the front, Clarke fingers pointed to the ends, "no exits" she explained, "if they aren't able to find our people, i'm going to, once I get out" she said closing the binder. As she began to walk away from Anastasia, the binder folded under her arm, as she headed to their table in the middle of the room.

"Hey" Anastasia said, gripping Clarke's shoulder pulling her back, "Don't you think I want to find the others?" She questioned hurt that Clarke wasn't going to include her in her plan, "It's the only thing I want, and you should know that"

"I know, i know" Clarke reassured, shaking her head, "I just thought that" she fumbled along the lines gripping the binder as she scanned down Anastasia's outfit, the dress, compared to her tracksuit, "Never mind" she let out clearing her voice, "you're right" she responded back with a light smile

"What was that?" Anastasia asked, "Why did you just give me that look" she questioned watching Clarke's eyes drift. Anastasia watch Clarke look at the true members of the Mount Weather community, looking at the girls laughing in their pretty dresses, before directing her eyes back to Anastasia, more importantly her dress, "Wait, Oh my" Anastasia breathed out of unbelievably, "You think I want to stay here" Clarke looked at Anastasia's flabbergasted appearance, changing her judgmental look to sympathetic one.

"No, not at" Clarke tried saying, cleaning up her mess.

"He's still out there, dead or alive, i'm going to find him" Anastasia replied, pointing at Clarke, then at her dress, "This, is playing along, something you should try, before they lock you up out of suspicion" Anastasia threatened.

"I'm sorry, Ana" Clarke replied, "You're right"

"Let's just find a way out" Anastasia uttered as Clarke nodded turning back around as they headed to the table where their people were sitting out. They both took spots by Jasper and Monty, as they inhaled their desserts.

"Pretend you're happy to see us" Clarke uttered as they took their seats, getting confused looks from Jasper and Monty.

"We are happy to see you guys" Jasper replied with a lighthearted smile.