chapter thirty-six

The door swung open as President Cage walked in unexpected

The door swung open as President Cage walked in unexpected. Anastasia watched his uneasy presence as he eyed her down before switching over.

"Take that one off the table!" He commanded pointing to Raven sweating profusely. 

One of the doctors argued with his, "Sir, we're not done" the medical assistant pointed out.

"Now!" Cage silenced him he stepped back waiting for them to remove Raven as he stopped in front of Abby with wet cheeks and red eyes, "Put her on it" he pointed at Abby with a wheezily voice, before shallowing harshly.

Words of disagreement huddled in but the biggest ones were Marcus and Anastasia. Anastasia yelled loudly, calling out her name, Abby was a mother figure to her, she was watching her be lured to her death.

"You don't have to do this!" Marcus screamed withering around in his cuffs calling out to Cage who stood in front of him, as the president waited for the guards to retrieve her from her chains "There has to be another way"

"There isn't" Cage put strongly looking at Marcus as he turned around watching Abby get led to the torture chair.

Anastasia watched her father try to reason with Cage but she knew they was no reasoning, she needed to do something to stop it before they hurt Abby.

"Stop!" Anastasia called out, "Take me!" She shouted. Cage looked over to her before rolling his eyes, telling her father off. Before approaching her on the other side as the drilling started on Abby. Anastasia could hear Abby's screams, but they visual was thankfully blocked by Cage.

"Don't worry" he sneered at her, "You're next, that much I can promised" he remarked before stepping back making her eye line visible to Abby's torture.

She veered away meeting Miller's eyes as he had the impression of disapproval on his face. Anastasia had no words, and nothing was able to come out of her dry mouth anyways as the process of drilling into Abby became slowed and more calculated than the others as Cage watched the drilling process, every once and while looking up at the camera placed in the room, almost in a tormenting way.

"Something's going on" Anastasia whispered to Miller looking up at the camera, as she watched Cage intensely. The door opened, they all tightened up, as a guard issued in another missing teenager, "Jasper?" she questioned watching him be escorted in.

His face was complacent, as they dragged him around the room, towards where she was placing him turned around next to Harper. His face was formed into a sly smile, and that's when she knew he had a plan. Whatever he was planning on doing he had to act fast because Abby was fading quickly as a more composed Cage marched to her keeping his eye on the camera as he switched over to her side. He just glared at her making his rounds until he came back to his original spot.

Anastasia turned her head watching Jasper shake his way out, with the help of a knife. He shimmied out turning around slowly, hiding the knife in his arm sleeve. Anastasia became consumed with getting out to help Jasper but the cuffs wouldn't budge without help.