chapter fourteen

"𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚊

"𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚊....𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗, 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕"

"we're doing anything we can to prepare here" Anastasia spoke as the council sat before her on the screen that Raven got working in, "we're gathering nuts and berries, curing meats, digging for roots, but the truth is we'll freeze before we starve" she explained as they nodded their heads.

"There's good news on that front" her father spoke, "according to the civil defense plans from before the war, there's an old emergency aid depot not far from the landing site" this was the first time he had seen her since he sent her on the drop ship, and unlike the other willing kids she turned down her father's offer for a personal chat later on after the council meeting. She didn't even know why she was in this seat and not Clarke, of course she was supposed to be chancellor by know, but Clarke has had more of an influence, but nobody has seen her leave Finn's side much, "here are the coordinates" he said showing her a screen as she copied them down.

"In addition to supplies, it could provide shelter for the 100 and for the citizens coming down from the Ark" the chancellor added

"And what makes you think its intact?" Anastasia asked

"It was made to withstand nuclear warfare" her father answered

"All right, It's worth a shot" she replied

"Chancellor, i have to object" she heard a women say but the screen didn't change, "project exodus is under way, the kids should sit tight in their camp until the first drop ship launches"

"Even if everything goes off without a hitch, the 100 would die of exposure before relief arrives" The chancellor responded turning down he offer, "i like a moment with Anastasia, please, and i know there's a line of parents waiting to talk to their kids" he said as the rest of the council including her father left, even if he left reluctantly, "Anastasia, we are very proud of what you've done down there, your father—"

"I don't want to talk about my father" Anastasia replied shutting the chancellor down.

"Please, Anastasia, it's time to forgive" Jaha said

"Let me schedule a time for you and Marcus to sit down, privately"

"Look, i know you both think sending me down here, was a necessary step, but i don't see it that way, and i never will" Anastasia spoke calmly, like a politician, like her father had taught her all her life, "so just tell me who's next and let someone who actually wants to talk to their parents have a turn" she said as the chancellor looked at his clipboard