chapter eleven

"𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚞𝚜?"

Anastasia was freaking out about her father's recent announcement that she was going to become chancellor even before she was allowed to drink. She needed a place to chill out as preparations for what she was going to do when she takes over were already being made by her father.

She snuck out of her room while her father was in a serious conversation with Commander Shumway. She knew how to sneak out, sometimes she just needed to get away.

She watched as Commander Shumway and her father headed to the extra room that used to hold her mother's stuff for sewing, by heart her mother was poor and she grew up poor. The only reason she ever got out was because she married Marcus Kane, who blood ran deep with power of the Ark. Lucy's profession was still seamstress, and even though they didn't need the money, she still found a certain humbling when she would stitch.

Anastasia remembered the days where she would sit and watch her mother sew all day. That was before her father instilled in her a form of greatness, and that was back when she still had her mother to stand up for her. She snuck out pass the kitchen and quietly opened the front door, before closing it behind her. Anastasia took a deep breath knowing that she got away. She had escaped, for know, but soon they would be no escape for the hell of being chancellor, daddy's little proxy.

Anastasia shot up feeling a pain in her head as she groaned as the pain filtered to her ankle, that ache more than Anastasia has ever felt before. She looked around to find herself in the middle of what looked like to be the grounders den, he had little trinkets everywhere but the majority of it was just bland stone. The objects that laid around his cave were reminiscent of old human life, a little toy car stood against a stack of books, all dusty and worn out.

The car was made out of wood, something that up till Anastasia stepped on earth, she hadn't seen. Only heard up and saw pictures, but she the only books she knew of were hidden from when the original citizen's of the Ark left earth. Most of the things she's read was from tablets, and screens. A glowing light was on the other side of the cave leading towards a turn in the stone that blocked Anastasia from seeing anything pass it.

"Octavia?" Anastasia questioned herself as she turned her head to the side to find Octavia sitting next to her, passed out on the ground. Octavia's condition was far worse than hers, with a huge cut around her knee that would prohibit any running at all. 

She sat up tending to Octavia the best she could after realizing that she wasn't chained up. Octavia's face was cleaned up, but her knee was more ugly. She tried to touch it to get a better feel, but the only she did was send Octavia up screaming in pain.