chapter seven

𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚖𝚎

𝓐nastasia made it her responsibility to check on everyone while the fog was lifting through the sky making anybody who was outside to burn rapidly, with stage 3 radiation burns before meeting their demise.

All of them were gladly non fatale, and would be better in due time. She would watch the people she examined, all with a stink eye in her direction. A look that could kill and she wouldn't put it past the criminals to try. She knew how most them perceived her, and now she was locked in a tiny box with them for god knows how long.

She found refuge in the upper section taking care of Jasper, as Octavia sat on the other side watching, worrying about her brother. Jasper's moans seemed to piss off the group more now that they were trapped hearing his cries over and over again.

"Murphy's going to kill Jasper" Monty screamed out of nowhere running to shut the door. Octavia ran over as Murphy bust through the door just for Octavia to kick him back down as she stomped her boot on his head. "The lock's on the other side!" Monty screamed, seeing Murphy still trying to bust open the door. Anastasia knew that if Murphy bust through that door he was going to kill Jasper no doubt, no hesitation, unlike Bellamy.

"Don't let him in!" Octavia screamed running over to the side, grabbing a pole as Monty slid his butt over the door adding a little extra weight for Murphy to move to get up.

"I'm gonna kill him, ok?, let me in! let me in!" Murphy screamed pushing the door even harder.

"A little help?" Octavia asked to Anastasia who was sitting there still, as Octavia was struggling to break the pipe. Anastasia ran over grabbing hold of the pole and ripping it in the same direction.

"No rush, I'm fine" Monty answered sarcastically as he was being bounced up and down by Murphy. Octavia and Anastasia finally broke the pipe running over to the door as Octavia slid it through, keeping Jasper from Murphy. Anastasia looked over to them relieved, as the banging stopped on the door.

Not long after, Octavia passed out by a corner, and Monty fell asleep on the wristbands with his screwdriver tucked neatly under his finger. Anastasia was still haunted with many nightmares and couldn't seen to stay asleep so she managed her way through the night, watching Jasper, as he fell into and out of consciousness. She watched his breathing patterns trying to distract herself from her wondering thoughts that cluttered her brain. She had already memorized the top part of the drop ship to suppress the images that rushed in her mind. Now she was stuck studying Jasper, and no matter what she still found her mind wandering about.

"Ana!, get back here!" Her father screamed grabbing a hold of his daughter.

"Call down Marcus, she's just adventurous" Her mother called out with a slight laugh as she encouraged her daughters wild spirit.