chapter seventeen

𝚠𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎

"A meeting?, i don't understand?" Clarke said, clearly she didn't know about what Finn wanted to talk to them about before they called her over, "with who? How?" She asked.

"I was just with the grounder that we had in the drop ship" Finn said trying to explain it to the girls, "His name is Lincoln" Anastasia was even more confused, she didn't know he could speak, he never did when he had her and Octavia. He didn't even utter a word when he was held captive, and during his torture.

"He spoke to you?" Anastasia asked in a questioning tone.

"It's not important" Finn answered dismissing the girls question

"If we want to live in peace Finn, we can't live in peace with people who've done nothing but kill us" Clarke stated

"They didn't kill me" Anastasia slightly said getting looks from both Finn and Clarke. They shared a type of confusion at her answer, she looked up to see there faces almost in disapproval of what she said, "I'm just saying, maybe we should give them a chance, can you think of a better way to stop the bloodshed" Anastasia said defending herself, with Finn silently agreeing.

"Yeah, with the guns from the guard" Clarke replied.

"You really want a war?" Finn asked her, "because at this rate, that's what's coming" Clarke seemed hurt by his tone, he calmed up "Look, i know it's a long shot, but this is our world now, and i think we can do better than the first time around"

"I trust him" Anastasia spoke up, indicating she was talking about Lincoln, the grounder.

"I don't" Clarke stated bluntly folding her arms over each other, "but if we go, we bring back up"

"No way, we're not bringing guns" Finn said shaking his head, "Those weren't the terms, and if we're gonna do this, we got to give it a fair shot, Ok?" Finn asked turning his head to both of the girls

"Ok" Clarke said disingenuously, "I'll get my pack and I'll meet you by the gate" Clarke said walking away.

Anastasia nodded towards him showing that she agreed but her points already showed that she did. She knew this was the right way, if it was communicated through the grounder, Lincoln, that saved her, and if Finn trusted him, she knew this was the easiest way at peace. It was something she had studied for many years, her father always told her peace in the Ark meant something different that it did on Earth. Peace in the Ark was fueled by fear, fear of being floated, peace on Earth thrived on trust. Before Anastasia turned away Finn grabbed her arm, stopping her back turning her back towards her face.