chapter five

𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜, 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚍

𝓧larke, Anastasia, and Wells were rushing through the woods, and Murphy and Bellamy were slowly following from behind.

"What's the rush?" Bellamy asked jokingly, his face appeared out from the bushes,  "you don't survive from a spear through the heart" Bellamy he explained as their feet halted in the small clearing.

"Put the gun away, Bellamy" Anastasia commanded noticing that his gun was being flung in his hand.

"Well, why don't you do something about it" Murphy tormented trying to attack the girl, not caring that he was aiming up to punch her. His hand was about to reach Anastasia's face when Bellamy grabbed it and pushed him back. Bellamy complied tucking his gun into the waistband.

"Jasper screamed when he moved" Clarke said bluntly ignoring the event that just happened, "If the spear struck his heart, he would have died instantly" Clarke explained with a huff as her mind was racing.

"Doesn't mean we have time to waste" Anastasia added as Clarke nodded in agreement while the began to turn around.

"As soon as you take off your wristband, princess" he said grabbing a hold of Anastasia's wrist causing Wells and Clarke to stop. "We can go" Anastasia looked up and down from his hand to his eyes, as he had this malicious smirk on his face.

"The only way the Ark is gonna think i'm dead is if I'm dead, i thought you understood that the first time" Anastasia said pulling her wrist back from Bellamy, she gratefully looked at the wristband on her wrist.

"Brave princess" Bellamy chuckled as their was a rustling in the woods behind them grabbing their attention.

"You call this a rescue party?" Spacewalker voice erupted as he pushed past the bushes to meet the rest of the group in the small clearing, "Got to split up, cover more ground" he explained looking at the groups lowly attempt, "Clarke, come with me" he stated as Clarke agreed, following him deeper into the woods.

The others stood in a circle of scowls, as clearly any pairing they choose would cause problems. Eventually Bellamy offered to take Wells, as they headed off. Anastasia voiced much dissent, as her and Murphy was left. She pushed forward as Murphy stayed behind. She hoped that keeping decent distance from him would mean she could make it out hopefully alive.

"You know..." Murphy began taunting speeding up to her area, before Anastasia cut him off.

"I know anything that you say is going to be better unsaid" she cut in, rolling her eyes as Murphy broke out into a half-hearted laugh, "Can we just keep our distance, and our mouths shut?" Anastasia asked ignoring his clearing insulting laugh.

"As you wish Princess" he threw his hands up, shoving it in his pockets as they continued along. The silence, was actually complete silence, only broken by the shuffling of dirt or the wind blowing through the trees, creating a song. She could still feel his eyes on her, maybe just hoping for her to trip over her feet so he could see her get beat up.