chapter six

𝚆𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖

𝚆𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖

𝓕or three days Anastasia has been tied to the drop ship helping Jasper, and everyday his pain seemed to worsen. She knew their wasn't anything she could do, without any type of modern medicine practice. She doesn't even know how to cure anyone without the help of antibiotics and surgery tactics that at this point were unable to be done.

"His pulse is 380" Anastasia said as Clarke and Monty sat with her, the night seemed to be one of the worst for Jasper as he moaned loudly and constantly at his pain. Anastasia was growing desperately tired. 3 days being constantly awake and caring for someone who was for the most part unconscious was draining.

"Go back to sleep!" One of the kids trying to sleep in the drop ship shouted. It seemed that many kids who found refuge in the drop ship at night shared their hatred for Jasper.

"Quiet!" Another kid shouted from the drop ship. As they turned in their beds trying to drown out the moaned.

"Hey don't listen to them, you're going to make it through this, okay?" Anastasia said brushing her fingers through his hair, "promise" she croaked out, with a slight smile.

"Can he just die already!" Another kid yelled, Anastasia looked at Jasper. He was suffering but still alive, barely but he fought harder than anyone she knew.

"I'm gonna get clean water"Anastasia said standing up, "keep and eye on him" she added to the two sitting next to her as she headed down the ladder.

Anastasia heard the annoying calls of the sleepless teens as she walked towards the drop ship doors. When she reached the outside, she was shocked when a scream echoed throughout the forest, it wasn't one of Jasper's moans, it was a little girls scream. Anastasia began speed walking towards the sound which was near the burnt out fire. She peered around the slope of a giant tree to find a little girl shaking in the base of the tree that was shaped like a crib.

"No!" The little girl screamed over and over. Anastasia walked over to the girl, laying a hand on her shoulder. She shook the little girl gently, colliding with the girl's flustered state. As she shot up flipping her head around abruptly to face Anastasia.

"It's just a dream" Anastasia said staring at the girl who was utterly afraid. She personified how Anastasia was feeling on the inside, the part of herself she wasn't allowed to show to the others, "You're Charlotte right?" Anastasia asked the girl, and she replied with a quick nod, "I'm Anastasia, but my friends call me Ana" she said

"Yeah i know" Charlotte replied bitterly trying to move away from Ana.

"It's okay to be scared" Anastasia continued comforting the girl "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, with a whispered as the others around her were voicing their discomfort.