chapter ten

"𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚘, 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖"

𝓐nastasia finally had gotten to sleep, it wasn't a blissful dream. Her mind was full of confusing events that drew her further into the dreams as she searched for the underlying answer hidden. Anastasia was awoken by her face smacking the the cold dirt floor. She spit out the taste of grass, turning her head to the side to see Octavia standing over her with her hand holding up the opening of the tent.

"What?" Anastasia questioned positioning her elbows up on the ground as she pushed herself up from the ground. She brushed the dirt off but all it did was spread it around her soiled clothes.

"You're going to want to see this" Octavia muttered with urgency, before heading out of the tent towards the glowing light of the fire. Anastasia could hear the whispers of others as she could see shadows fluttering from the stained cloth that were her walls.

Anastasia followed behind with a curious approach as she leaned her head out of the tent. She saw Octavia and the others with their heads pointed to the sky. She twisted her head up towards the twilight to what looked like a shooting star falling out of the sky.

Anastasia remembered reading about shooting stars in one of her books. They were believed to be magical and wish granting, so if humans saw one they would have one wish to wish upon it. Scientifically shooting stars were just asteroids being burnt up as they entered the atmosphere, but Anastasia liked to believe that they could grant wishes. She looked more closely realizing that it wasn't a shooting star it was one of the pods that were left from the merging of the ships a long time ago. It fell across the sky in a burning ball of fire.

"They're coming to help us" one person said with a laugh, "now we can kick some grounder ass"

"Please tell me they brought down shampoo" Anastasia heard a girl utter, it was such a odd comment that she looked behind her to see that she was one of the girls standing next to a shirtless Bellamy. Most likely the girls he's decided to spend his time with tonight. A feelings washed over Anastasia something she never had felt before as she stood there trying to focus on the sky, like everybody else, while her mind was focused on the girls with Bellamy.

"Ana?" She heard Octavia question grabbing her friends elbow, Octavia looked to where her eyes were noticing them on her brother, she decided best not to say anything. Octavia watched the sky with Anastasia long after the rest of the camp had given up. Anastasia wished upon the flying pod even though it wasn't a shooting star hoping that it would bring her, her one wish.

"We should go, I saw Bell head into a tent" Octavia said. Walking towards the tent were they stood with Charlotte just yesterday.

"If it cleared the ridge, it's probably near the lake" One of Bellamy's guards said pointing at the map.