chapter eight

𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚎

𝓦ells is dead, and Anastasia is a complete mess. When Clarke broke the news to her, she saw the faces looking at her, but all she could feel was the quickness of the heartbeat, and the tears erupting from her eyes.

"I can save him!" She screamed watching his body get taken away, "Stop! I can save him!" She yelled louder but they didn't stop.

"Ana, he's gone" Clarke said trying to control her flailing friend as she wrapped her arms around the sobbing girl's shoulder pulling her away from the body.

Wells was the only person in her life, after Clarke got arrested, that understood where she was coming from. They both grew up with overbearing and powerful fathers, and naturally by birth they were friends.

They friendship grew when Anastasia became friends with Clarke. It was their unstoppable trio. Wells was the only one that Anastasia could confided her stressful life with and Anastasia was the only one who knew about Wells's crush on Clarke when it wasn't so obvious.

Since they got to the ground, she felt that she wasn't able to help Wells, when Murphy beat him up the first time, Murphy's removing his wristband, Murphy beating him up the second time, and now this. Nothing she did could save Wells, and his last days she was too focused on Jasper.

"Let go of me!" Anastasia screamed, ripping herself from Clarke and running towards to drop ship, closing herself out from the world. She ran up the stairs going to the top level, that was evacuated ever since Jasper got better. She collapsed on the floor sliding her knees into her face as she sobbed hysterically.

"Ana?" She heard Bellamy's voice as he popped open the door stepping off the ladder and into the room.

"I really don't want to hear it right now" she said her eyes covered in tears, as she turned her head up towards him. This was the first time she had fallen apart in front of him, almost like a payback for her seeing his panic attack last night.

"I'm sorry about Wells" Bellamy retorted stepping forward towards her noticing his jacket still around her body as she clung to it for comfort.

"He was the closest thing I had to a best friend, and he was my only friend" Anastasia explained barely even able to think about without busting into tears "and now, he's gone" She choked out balling up as Bellamy slid down the wall that Anastasia was propped up against,"and it feels like everybody is happy, the chancellor's kid is gone, what am i next?" She questioned in a sick question as she looked beside her with a wet face.

"No one is going to hurt you" Bellamy stated looking into her red eyes as she wiped the dried tears with her fingers, "And Wells isn't your only friend anymore" he added causing a throaty laugh to come from Anastasia.

"So are we friends now?" She questioned with a slight smile.

"I mean Clarke, Octavia, Monty, Jasper" He began listing off as her smile began to fade, "And yeah, even me, I guess" He nodded looking at her.