Chapter 1

ALEXA'S POV:

I woke up bright and early this morning. My entire body sore, eyes surrounded with dark circles. I haven't been getting enough sleep due to studying

I dragged my lazy ass to the bathroom while I thought about how boring today is going to be. It's not as if there are other interesting days, my life is boring in general.

Without further ado, my name is Alexandra Smith, at least that's what I was told since I'm an orphan. I'm a college student and not a very bright one. Hey, that doesn't mean I'm dumb, it only means that I suck in some courses like physics to be precise.

I'm 21 years old, with jet black hair that is naturally wavy. I'm neither thin nor fat, just a bit curvy. I've also got black eyes which look lifeless due to my boring life. Not only that, with my 4 ft 11 height, I'm completely invisible to everyone else.

Do you know that after my one year in this University, I have no friends. Not that I'm complaining, I like blending in. Oh!! did I forget to mention I'm boyfriendless......yep. I don't know if I have a problem or something cause, guys don't even notice me.

After taking my bath, I got dressed in white skinny jeans and black singlet. I paired the outfit with a crop gray hoodie. I finished my look with black ankle boots.

As for makeup, I didn't bother putting on any. I let my hair flow down in it's natural waves and then head off to school.

I went straight to class completely unnoticed as usual. I took my seat at the back and prepared for another boring physics lecture. Some of the girls were whispering about a new boy blah blah blah. I tuned out and started doodling on my note.

After 40 minutes of boredom, I was sure I was going to go crazy until the bell finally rang, hallelujah. I grabbed my bags and exited the class. Up next maths, my first love. I loved mathematics so, I quickly went to class and got on with the day till it was lunch time.

I sat down at my usual table, eating my delicious hamburger until a certain someone came to ruin my peace.

"Well, well, well....if it isn't our nerdy freak" Nerdy freak? Really? This bitch is dumber than a mouse. Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to the school's bitch.... Riley bitchfeld...sorry Steinfeld.

"How lovely for you to join me Riley" I smiled at her already losing my appetite.

"Of course I'm such a nice person" she giggled with her minions, Sunny Brian and Miranda Olsen.

"Right" I rolled my eyes and got up to leave when she pushed me. I landed straight on the floor. Luckily, I didn't hit my nose.

"Oops sorry" they giggled and went away. I just got up and went to my next class. Okay, I know that look. I don't let them bully me, I just don't want to get into any trouble with the principal again.

I don't know why but Riley has always hated me. Well that's her problem. At least her constant ridiculous attacks are the highlight of my day.

After school, I went to the animal shelter where I work. I met my only friend Suzzy Breccsinger. I won't exactly call her my best friend but she's the only one who I can talk to you about some certain things

"Hey suzzy" I waved as I changed into my uniform

"Alex I missed you" she said hugging me

"Me too hun" I said undressing

"How was school?" I packed my hair in a ponytail while she waited for me

"You know, the usual" she smiled. We got to work and before I knew it, my shift was over

I got home around 5pm. Gosh I was exhausted. So you see, there's nothing exciting or interesting about my life. I go to school, go to work, read, pay the bills and that's that.

I took my bath and got ready for bed. I layed on my bed wishing I had someone to love and gain same love from but, that was just a wish that would never come true.

My parents never loved me which is why they gave me up, because I was unwanted. I don't expect someone who didn't even know me to waltz into my life and start loving me

I don't want to die alone and a virgin with 28 cats and no one to call my own.

Who knows fate might have other plans for me