Chapter 42

********* A week later ********

DELILAH'S POV:

Ring, ring. I picked up my blaring cellphone which hasn't stopped ringing for the past ten minutes. I looked at the caller ID to see the name of the doctor flashed on my screen. I was immediately awake, as I answered the call.

"Yes doctor" i said, hearing some shuffling in the background

"Well madam, Mrs Clemonte has been discharged and also, the test results are out mam" my heart beat quickened, hearing about the results

"What about the bills, I hope you kept my identity discreet?"

"Yes madam" I let out a sigh of relief

"Very well, see to it that the results are sent to my house immediately"

"Yes madam" I hung up. Last week, my darling daughter in-law had given birth. She and Daniel have been separated for far too long now and I couldn't stand seeing both of them being miserable.

I have done a lot of bad things in the past and I'm trying to repent for it. I went to the hospital and cleared all the bills without anyone knowing. I know that if Alexandra was aware of my intentions, she won't let me help.

I had also asked for the DNA results of Alexandra's baby to be sent to me, I knew the baby belong to Daniel but the result is the only prove I have to show Daniel how wrong he has been. I quickly got ready in a long peach colored skirt, with knee high slit. I paired the outfit with a pink blouse imprinted with leopard skin design. I put on a matching pink jacket and pink hills to complete the look. I went to wait for the results in the living room, I don't want to take any chances.

 I went to wait for the results in the living room, I don't want to take any chances

Within few minutes, the paper was delivered. I quickly went to my room and scanned the whole result and thankfully, it came out in my favor. It was time to bring my daughter and granddaughter back home.

I quickly went downstairs and got in my car, driving to the office where Daniel has been cooped up for the past months. He looked so terrible with lots of facial hair on his face. Everyone greeted and acknowledged my presence as my heels click the marble floor when I got there.

I went straight to his office and saw him hunched over a pile of papers, his eyes full of dark circles, his hair over grown. When he looked up, a look of surprise and confusion was evident in his eyes

"Mother, what are you doing here?" He got up and came to offer me a hug which I accepted

"I came to right the wrong you have done" I walked over to one of the couches and sat down

"What are you talking about mother?" He stood looking at me quizzically

"Do you know that your wife has given birth? And that you happen to be the father of her child." His eyes buldged out

"What... a..re you tal...king about?" I sighed, handing him the DNA results so he could see for himself.

His eyes quickly scan through the paper as hot tears slipped his eyes before he looked up at me again, as realization hit him

"Now you know how wrong you were to treat her like crap, call her name's after all the things she had to put up with because of you. Fix your mistakes Daniel and just hope for all our sakes, that it isn't too late" with that I got up and went over to him, and patted him on the back before leaving. My part here is done, it is time for Daniel to play his own.

DANIEL'S POV:

I was shocked to see the results saying that the baby whom I had rejected was mine all along. How could i have been so foolish to let Alexa....I couldn't even say her name without feeling pain coursing through my body.

Where do I start from? Who do I go to? My life is such a mess. This past months have been so sorrowful for me. I busied myself with work and didn't do anything else.

Everytime I think about Alexa, I felt so sad because, I was the reason why she was raped. She went through so much because of me. I couldn't bring myself to stay with her after all I did to her. I thought it was for the best she left, at least she won't have to put up with so much enemies because of me.

I was wrong to let her go, I made her feel that I found her tainted and dirty. I don't deserve to be with her or my baby. Thinking about my baby brought a smile to my face, I haven't smiled in the past few months. I wonder if the baby looks like me or if she looks like Alexa. I have to rectify my mistakes.

I quickly went out of my office and drove to my penthouse. Since Alexa left, I also left home because every damn thing in there reminded me of her and how I wasn't able to protect her. I got to my penthouse and immediately showered.

I looked at the dressing mirror with a towel around my waist and saw my eyes puffy with thick dark circles, my hair already out grown, I had beards all over my face. I don't want to freak the baby or Alexa looking like the living dead so I went to shave.

I know it's not going to be easy getting Alexa back, heck I don't even know the present situation if she has someone else already but, I'm not going to give up easily. I might as well die trying, I'll do anything to have my baby and wife back.

After shaving, and trying to look decent, I got dressed in a black suit and entered my car. Then I realized another problem, I don't know where she leaves now and I'm damn sure her brother or Suzzy won't give it to me. I decided to call mom since she knew about Alexa's birth, it means she has been keeping tabs on her. Hopefully, she has her current address

"Mom I need a favor" I said immediately she answered the call

"What is it?"

"Do you perhaps have the address to Alexa's new apartment" I whispered but loud enough for her hearing, afraid she might say no

"Finally, I thought you'll never ask" she sent me a text message with the address and I immediately drove to the place.

After an hour and thirty minutes of driving, I finally found the apartment. It was a nice one story apartment, simple yet beautiful. I gulped as I went to the front door, I rung the doorbell twice and step back a bit, my heart pounding rapidly in my chest

Couple of seconds later, the door opened, standing before me was Alexa carrying a baby on her shoulder. Her eyes wide like saucers and mouth hanging open as she stared at me like I was a ghost