FOUR

Thalia woke up at the crack of dawn (she was most definitely a morning person) and slipped out of bed

Thalia woke up at the crack of dawn (she was most definitely a morning person) and slipped out of bed. Shoving on some fluffy slipper boots, and putting her hair into a messy, yet still pretty bun on the top of her head, she padded down the stairs and sat by the fire, a letter in her hand. It was from her brother. The last letter she had ever received from him, dated the sixteenth of December 1975, and she read it over and over, kidding herself this was one of many more to come.

'Dear Tilly,' It read, using his nickname for her, that if anyone else used, she would hex them into next week.

'I miss you lots and lots my tiny troll.' (another nickname)

'I can't wait for you to come home - I'm sorry for leaving school early, had to help dad with some top secret stuff! I'm excited for you to learn all about what we are doing here, and help us, if you're allowed. N.E.W.T revision is going fine, thanks for asking, and I'll be coming back with you after Christmas holidays! How are O.W.L lessons? It's a chore right? Anyway, for my birthday, I would love some choco balls, thanks for asking again (so thoughtful of you), and yes, you may have some, my sassy little sister, as I know you will freak if your Christmas supply needs to last you all the way till May! I love you lots and lots, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to write, I will always protect you, no matter what.

All my love,

Tommy

xxxxx"

Thalia wiped a tear that had slipped from her eye, and pulled her knees to her chest. She closed her eyes and reminisced the days spent playing quidditch with her brother and running away from him as he chased her with a pigeon (she hated pigeons). She sat like that for about half an hour, when she heard footsteps coming from the boys staircase. Quickly wiping her eyes, she plastered a grin on her face and crossed her tanned legs into a basket, looking as carefree as she could. James Potter entered the common room, dressed in loose bed shorts (his full abs on display) with no shirt, and a grin broke out on his face, seeing her already there. He couldn't help noticing how pretty she looked, with her hair in a bun, a few strands carelessly falling out, and how fresh-faced she was, having just got out of bed. He immediately stopped his train of thoughts as he reminded himself that he was in love with Lily Evans.

"Another early bird!" He exclaimed joyfully. "Fucking finally!" He yelled, laughing at himself, walking around the sofa to stand in front of her. He noticed her short shorts and seemingly endless bare legs, and he faltered for a minute. Remembering himself, he flopped down next to her, sitting with his arm pressed against hers. He felt the temperature of her skin against his and frowned. "Thals, you're freezing!" She just rolled her eyes slightly, the corners of her mouth hinting towards the grin he already rather liked.

"I hadn't really noticed." She replied with a shrug, however James chose to ignore her nonchalance. He summoned a fluffy blanket from his dorm, and wrapped it around the pair of them, warming her up, and chatting until they were joined by Eloise, Sirius, Remus and Peter, because it was time for breakfast. James dashed off, presumably having forgotten something, as the others walked towards the portrait hole.