FIFTEEN

"Detention?" James asked incredulously

"Detention?" James asked incredulously. "For doing what?" Thalia's face quickly reddened, and she looked away.

"I - uh - I was taking a walk t-to clear my head." She praised herself for her quick thinking. James shook his head and pushed his glasses up his nose, scrunching it as he did so.

"Right, sure." He replied flatly.

'He knows' Thalia thought to herself. 'Why does he even care? He likes Lily, end of.'

"I'll see what I can do then." The boy nodded and sauntered off, hands in his pockets and a miserable expression on his face.

The girl trudged through the corridors, before sliding into a window seat, and summoning her sketch-pad, with a sudden urge to draw something. As her pencils glided over the smooth paper, she became more immersed, tongue poking out of her mouth in concentration, and her green eyes squinting, trying to get every detail right. It was beginning to come together, a drawing of Sirius, James, Peter, Eloise, Remus, Nathan, Regulus, Evan,  Robyn. They were all smiling and joking, no fears of wars, everyone in the cushioning bliss of ignorance - a perfect world. Thalia began to include the details, Sirius shiny hair, Eloise's hand intertwined with his as her bright smile shone even on a page, Remus' floppy locks and warm eyes, Robyn's bird-like posture, Regulus and Evan looking carefree, away from the Slytherin standards. James' electric shockwave hair, and Nathan's springy curls, both sets of eyes glinting mischievously, and grins plastered on their boyish faces.

"Where are you, Dragon?" A voice came from beside her, making the small girl jump violently and drop her pencil. She turned around to find herself face to face with Nathan, who looked up from her drawing, his pale green eyes staring into her almost identical ones intently.

"What do you mean?" She asked him giving a little wave.

"You're far away in your head, and you're not on the page so, where are you?"

"Oh uh, I'm here, just here."She gestured to herself on the seat. I don't draw myself much, you know, well, it's me." She shrugged unable to portray the simplicity of her sentence.

"You don't draw you because you're you?" He smiled at her, dimples showing in his cheeks, his Irish lilt very prominent.

"Yeah I guess." She looked back to her drawing, hair falling over her face to hide her embarrassment. He gently took her chin, guiding it to look at him, until they were nose-to-nose once more.

"Hey, you're absolutely beautiful, don't let no one tell you otherwise, okay?" He raised his eyebrows at her, half grinning, revealing a set of pearly teeth.

"Okay." She nodded but sounded unconvinced.

"Hey, I know what you're thinking - 'he can't know, he's gay.' " Nathan smirked, as she stifled a gasp at the accuracy of his guess. "Well guess what, even little old me can see whether anyone is beautiful, young, old, boy, girl, gay, straight. Trust me, I've met some ugly fuckers, and you're not one of them!" The pair burst out laughing at his flippancy, and the boy stood, pulling Thalia to her feet. "Let's get some lunch." He beamed at the thought of food, as did Thalia, before taking a running jump, and landing on Nathan's back.

"Phew, didn't think I was gonna make that!" She giggled, as he snickered, and ran at full pelt towards the Great Hall.

****

Thalia shuffled towards the Transfiguration classroom, where her detention had been arranged to be held. Unfortunately, James hadn't been able to cause a diversion, or sweet talk Professor McGonagall into letting Thalia off the hook, hence why she was walking away from her friends in the common room, cursing Filch and everything else that had pissed her off in the last twenty-four hours.

She reached the room and walked through the door, smiling slyly when she saw Regulus seated at a desk. Her smile soon dropped however, when McGonagall shot her a stern look.

"The pair of you will be cleaning up the mess from my lesson today." She gestured to the desks which had multitudes of candle wax dried on them. "I will come to collect you in an hour's time." With that the woman was gone and Regulus and Thalia were left alone. Regulus stood from his seat and pulled out his wand, with one flick, the desk he was previously occupying was clear of any wax.

"So," he began, his icy blue eyes avoiding Thaila's pale green ones and staring at the wax on the desk in front of him instead. "What happened last night was...well, there were no feelings involved."

"No feelings." Thalia felt her heart sink slightly as she responded with a small nod. She couldn't bear to look at him, a flush creeping up her cheeks. Regulus, looking up and noticing this, cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair. Thalia couldn't deny the likeness between him and his older brother. Ew, Thalia, why are you thinking about Sirius? That's Eloise's job.

"I cannot deny, however, that it was enjoyable." Regulus stood from the desk he was leaning against and took a step towards Thalia,

"What are you insinuating, Black?" Thalia crossed her arm with a frown. She was sick of being messed around, first James giving her mixed messages, and now Regulus?

"We shouldn't continue."

"Right." Thalia was not enjoying herself as Regulus continued to embarrass her without knowledge of doing so.

"You. Me." He tilted his head slightly and his tongue peeked out of his mouth once more, tracing his plump bottom lip and causing Thalia to clear her throat. "Us. We should never do it again." His eyes were boring into Thalia's and reflecting the exact opposite of what he was saying,

"Never again". Thalia repeated him, ready to call it quits on the detention. She started to walk towards the door

"Maybe just this once though." his voice stopped her in her tracks.

"Sounds like a plan." She said in a rush and leant forward, wrapping her arms around Regulus' neck and connecting their lips. Regulus responded instantly, one of his arms slipping around her waist whilst the other leant against the desk behind them to keep their balance. Thalia ran a hand through his soft hair and bit his bottom lip softly, smirking as he made a noise at the back of his throat.

"You know," Regulus said huskily between kisses,

"Mmm?" Thalia dipped her head to his neck and began placing kisses against his skin,

"If the teachers catch us in the position that gave us detention in the first place, we'd be in even more trouble." He said and Thalia lifted her head, surveying the boy with a mischievous smile,

"We're in trouble anyway, Black." She leant closer to him so her breath fanned against his cheeks, "Let's enjoy it." She whispered and Regulus connected their lips once more. Thalia ignored the tight feeling in her chest as she opened her mouth and let Regulus' tongue slip inside. She ignored how she knew her friends would react if they found out as Regulus' hand slid lower and lower down her back a second time. She ignored the fact that she was imagining the lips she was kissing belonging to someone with messy, brown hair and twinkling, hazel eyes hidden behind a pair of circular glasses as she let out a small moan. She ignored the bitter twisted pleasure that slowly consumed her as she secretly hoped James would walk in and see that she was over him. Thalia ignored all of this and let the guilt slowly eat at her insides. She had convinced herself that she didn't like James and she ignored that fact that it was a lie.

i've realised that i end most of my chapters like this ^ (repeating the same sentence starter) but y'know what...deal w it