FOURTY-NINE

Thalia's heart was beating at a mile a minute

Thalia's heart was beating at a mile a minute. Her hands were sweaty and her mind whirring with worried thoughts. Dumbledore had announced that there would be a mission that day and, whilst Thalia had been on a few before, she had never been on one with so many people - which couldn't have been a good thing. Sirius was arguing with Dumbledore because he didn't think Eloise was ready to fight only two months after having Alfie but she convinced him she would be alright. Thalia knew that James had the same fears about not just his sister but also his girlfriend. The couple had had some nasty rows about Thalia's involvement in the danger but the woman was stubborn and knew that she had to fight. Thalia also knew that her best friend was the same and even though she had only just given birth, Eloise was a good fighter and would be a big help to the Order. Another reason for tension in the room was that Robyn would be accompanying them. Remus had argued that she was still in school but Dumbledore assured the man that he had full faith in her. The door opened and Thalia lifted her head as the familiar blonde walked into the room, full of purpose. She certainly didn't look like a child anymore.

"Robyn!" Eloise rushed over to embrace the girl and Thalia followed, hugging her friend as soon as Eloise had let go. The three women engaged in casual chatter, gushing over the baby Alfie and Robyn jokily glaring at Thalia for being made Godmother.

"I'm holding you to making me the Godmother of the next one." Robyn giggled as she gently tapped Alfie's nose, swaying slightly as she cradled him in her arms. Thalia smiled at the baby boy, feeling her heart swell.

"He's the little light we have at this time." she said quietly and Eloise wrapped her arm around her shoulders,

"He's what I'm fighting for."

"Me too." Robyn smiled up at her friends, eyes glistening with tears,

"We all are." Thalia placed her head on Eloise's shoulder and reached out her finger, smiling as Alfie held onto it with his tiny fist. "Our chosen one."

****

"Where are you taking me?" Thalia rolled her eyes with a smile as James dragged her along a field by the hand.

"Well, I was going to try and get us to the Astronomy Tower at Hogwarts but I couldn't. So," he stopped and gestured to their surroundings. Thalia gasped as she looked around the flower field. The rolling hills were painted pink and purple with the small flowers that covered the ground and the sky was the exact same colour due to the slowly sinking sun, "This was the next best thing." James grinned at his girlfriend and pulled her towards a blanket sat in the middle of the grass, beside a wicker basket and some floating candles.Thalia's breath hitched as she sat down, smiling in awe at the grinning James who flopped down opposite her. "Champagne, my love?" he asked as he got a bottle out of the basket and Thalia giggled,

"Very fancy of you, James darling. Don't mind if I do." she leant back on her hands as James got two glasses out of the hamper, his tongue sticking out in concentration as he tried not to spill any of the golden liquid. He passed her the glass and held his own up,