EIGHT

Look at the amazing cover by nedoperepil_ I LOVE IT

Saturday morning dawned bright and windy, despite the nearing of November

Saturday morning dawned bright and windy, despite the nearing of November. Thalia rolled over in her bed, savouring the last moments of sleep before she opened her eyes and her hyper personality took over. She had agreed to go to Hogsmeade with Eloise today, to spend some quality time together without the boys - as much as they loved them, they needed some girl time. Slithering out of bed, she crawled over to her trunk to pick out an outfit. Minutes later, clothes were strewn all over the dormitory, as the girl was very indecisive. Eventually, she decided on a cropped pastel pink knitted jumper that complemented her dark hair and now-pale skin (as it was nearing winter, she lost her tan to her slight dismay), paired with some black skinny jeans and some black and white high top sneakers she had brought back from America, called Converse.

Humming a random tune that popped into her head, she quietly showered and dressed, drying her hair with a charm, and tidying her previous mess. As she left the dormitory to find Eloise, as her friend had spent the night in the boy's dorm, someone sleepily called;

"You have a really nice voice! Have a good day with Elle."

"Thanks!" she laughed, before descending the stairs and trotting up to the boy's dorm. Still humming her little tune, Thalia hurled herself up the stairs and into the bedroom she knew to be the Marauders', where she flung open the curtains and windows, causing all the boys, and Eloise, to groan and swear at her. Ignoring them, she clapped her hands loudly.

"Rise and shine boys and girl Especially you, Elle. I have stuff I want to get done!" Thalia yanked the covers off her close friend, and consequently her other close friend, and rolled her eyes as Eloise snuggled closer into Sirius' side.

"No!" The couple simultaneously whined and Thalia pouted. Her special pouty pout. The special pouty pout that could win over anyone, probably even Professor McGonagall.

"Fiiiine!" Eloise grumbled, rolling out of bed and sliding along the floor, leaving Sirius chuckling evilly in his bed. Eloise crawled to Sirius' cupboard where Thalia presumed the girl kept clothes and she stood from the floor, walking into the bathroom to change. Whilst waiting for Eloise, Thalia wandered over to the only bed that didn't hold a grumbling and sleepy boy. James was sat up in bed, throwing a Golden Snitch in the air.

"Mornin'." He said with a husky morning voice and Thalia leant against his bedpost,

"Morning." She replied with a small smile.

"What are your plans for today?"

"Shopping, Butterbeer, shopping, Chocoballs, shopping and more shopping." Thalia grinned and James let out a chuckle. Finally, Eloise emerged from the bathroom, her hair pristine as usual but her eyes drooping, her baby blue shirt untucked from her courduroy skirt and her denim jacket with the collar up. Laughing, Thalia tucked in her friend's shirt and straightened her collar. Eloise mumbled a sleepy,

"Thanks, Thals." And yawned, wandering over to Sirius to kiss him goodbye. Eloise didn't expect the boy to reach up and grab a hold of her wrist, pulling her back to bed with him. Though, she didn't resist and cuddled up to her boyfriend. Thalia rolled her her eyes and walked to the pair, untangling their limbs and pulling Eloise up by her hands.

"Come on, Elle!" She giggled slightly as she finally got Eloise to stand and slapped her cheek softly, "Let's go."

****

"Right!" Thalia skipped down the path to Hogsmeade, her arm linked with Eloise's who had brightened up significantly since she left the dorm. "It's Sirius' Birthday soon, I need to buy him something, and James wants chocoballs, you want peppermint toads, Remus wants chocolate and Peter wants the rest of Honeydukes, and -"

"Calm down, T! We'll get it all done I promise." Eloise giggled and rested her head on the rambling Thalia's shoulder.

"You're right, we will. But only if you help me pick out a present for Sirius. He's your boyfriend after all."

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Eloise joked and Thalia scoffed,

"With the amount of time you spend snogging his face off, you can't even joke about that."

"Jealous are we?"
"Please." Thalia grinned, "He's probably not even a good kisser."

"That's where you're wrong, my love." Eloise returned her wide smile, "Very, very, very, very, very, very wrong." Eloise sighed dreamily and Thalia giggled, "Besides," an evil grin graced Eloise's pretty face, "He isn't James."

****

The pair exited Honeydukes with their arms full of sweets, as per requested by their friends. Thalia had also bought Sirius some sugar quills and Bertie Botts every flavour beans as part of his birthday present. Struggling slightly under the amount of bags, the two decided to take a break and go to the Three Broomsticks. Despite the early start, it was nearing lunchtime, and Eloise, along with her stomach, was grumbling profusely. She ordered enough food to feed an army along with a butterbeer, and sighed contentedly, before digging in. Ignoring the amused looks Thalia was sending her way, she continued to shovel food into her mouth, eventually turning to Thalia and gesturing to her body.

"I'm a growing girl!"

"I didn't even say anything!"

****

The pair, now in Zonko's, were browsing pranking products, both for themselves and Sirius, however, not finding anything worthwhile, was beginning to stress the girl out. Thalia threw herself onto the floor dramatically, startling a number of people, and crying out;

"Woe is me! I'll never find him a good present! The world is against me! I might as well die!" Eloise, roaring with laughter at her antics scooped her up, and set her on her feet.

"Calm down drama queen, we'll find something! And if not, I have a plan."

It was a good thing that Eloise had a plan as Thalia couldn't find anything to get Sirius for his seventeenth birthday. The duo trudged back to the castle without a present for Sirius - well, Thalia trudged, Eloise was almost skipping. Thalia meandered back to Gryffindor tower. Eloise wouldn't tell Thalia of her plan and watched amusedly as her friend sighed and pouted in dismay. Upon entering her dormitory, the pair was bombarded by the remaining Marauders, all clamouring for their requested confectionary. Once the boys had cleared off, Eloise turned to Thalia, a beyond excited expression, still not saying anything,

"Are you going to tell me your plan then or am I going to have to sit here and watch you jump about like a frog on steroids?" Thalia crossed her arms,

"Okay first: rude." Eloise's grin was replaced by a bitchy look until the girls both burst into laughter, "and second: yes I'm going to tell you my plan calm down!" Eloise pulled Thalia to their favourite sofa and wore her excited grin once more. "I need everyone to chip in a few galleons, and I need you to come to Diagon alley and then Muggle London with me before next Friday! We're going to convert the galleons into muggle money and then buy Sirius a motorbike!" Eloise's eyes were sparkling at the idea of making her boyfriend happy, and Thalia grew equally as excited.

"That sounds brilliant!" She squealed, clapping her hands. The girls stayed up fairly late, plotting details, however, by sunrise, they had it all worked out, and they were sure Sirius was going to have a shiny black bike for his coming of age birthday.