THIRTY-SEVEN

he's so peng i can't omg

Thalia was stressing. Stressing stressing. The small brunette paced around the Marauder's dormitory, muttering to herself and wringing her hands, Sirius, Remus and Peter amusedly looking on. Wheeling around, she slammed straight into a brick wall, otherwise known as Remus-the-Giraffe Lupin. Thalia scowled, the abrupt halt in her marching evidently being the reason she couldn't find an answer to her dilemma. The dilemma of course, being the lack of ideas entailing what to get James and Eloise for their upcoming birthday.

"What do you think you're doing, Moony?" She growled irritably, poking him in the chest, attempting intimidation (and failing miserably).

"Pup, we've been watching you pace for twenty-five minutes. I got bored. Chill. Out." The girl visibly deflated at his words, before shaking her head.

"Don't tell me what to do, you rat - no offence, Peter..." She added, before continuing. "Just because you are happy to get the twins some sub-standard, shit-tastic, vomit-inducing, willy-resembling, smelly-smelling, arsey-arsing -" Sirius spluttered, causing her to realise she was rambling. "Rubbish present!" the brunette concluded, "Does not mean that I wish to stoop to that standard!"

"I don't think you'll be stooping anywhere from your big height of 5 foot 3." Remus smirked, patting her on the head leaning down to close the foot gap between their heads, causing the girl to attempt to bite his hand.

"Yes, very funny, ha ha ha Thalia is small." the girl said flatly before dramatically throwing her hands in the air, "This however isn't helping to resolve the impending issue!" she flopped backwards onto Sirius' bed and the boy himself, who was trying desperately to wrap up a chocolate frog that kept hopping away, gave up and sat down beside her.

"We'll help you find a good gift, Pup." he offered and put a hand on her knee. Thalia looked up with a pout,

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean Eloise is my girlfriend and Prongs is my best friend, who's better to help than me?" he smiled genuinely but still looked very proud of himself for being so selfless,

"Thanks, Padfoot," Thalia sighed and Sirius looked even prouder still, "You're just a bit stupid."

"Oh! I see-"

"I mean I'm sure you could find a suitable present on your standards..but I actually care about getting meaningful gifts so I might need to enlist the help of someone a bit more...capable."

"OH, ME-"

"Remus? Can you give me a hand?" Thalia smiled hopefully at the boy who was snickering into his palm at Thalia's blatant insulting of Sirius.

"Of course," Remus smiled, "midget..." he added under his breath, thanking Merlin that the petite girl didn't hear it over the racket of her clapping her hands and squealing

"Thank you, Remmyyyyyyyy!"

****

"Anything to tell me, Moony?" Thalia leant against the shelves in Zonko's Joke Shop, playing with the invisibility cloak in her hands that had been ever so kindly lent to them by James (after Thalia informed him that it was to do with his birthday present). Remus pretended to think for a moment,

"Nope." he smiled before picking up a backscratcher in the shape of a severed hand, "Oh how precious."

"Cut the shit, you lanky bastard." Thalia crossed her arms,

"I wouldn't say lanky." Remus muttered, putting down the backscratcher, "Maybe tall but not lanky-"

"Remus Lupin I know you have something to tell me. I know everything."

"Elle told you didn't she?" Remus turned around and raised an eyebrow. Thalia scoffed,

"No." she rolled her eyes and Remus tilted his head skeptically, "Fine, I overheard you telling her a few weeks ago." she admitted and Remus chuckled as she whined and stamped her foot on the floor, "I gave you some time to tell me but you still haven't!" she pouted.

"I was going to tell everyone together." Remus scratched the back of his neck and shrugged, "I didn't mean to intentionally keep it from you."

"You told Elle." Thalia pointed out. Her tone wasn't jealous, just curious.

"I tell Elle everything." Remus said honestly, "Always have."

"Fair enough, Moons." Thalia grinned and skipped over to him, playfully punching his arm, "And I'm proud of you!" she reached up and squished his cheeks, "So, how does it feel to be a boyfriend?"

"Good." he smiled as well as he could with Thalia still moving his cheeks around and sighed slightly in relief when she finally let go, "I'm just surprised Robyn felt the same."

"Of course she does!" Thalia all but shouted, "You two are utterly perfect for eachother."

"Ta, Pup." Remus smiled at her before turning back to the products on the shelves behind him, "Now back to present shopping."

Thalia groaned dramatically and threw her hands in the air,

"Why do they have to be so difficult to shop for?" she moaned and Remus smirked,

"Hardly," he picked up a random box, "James would like anything that could cause potential harm to anyone and Eloise would be happy with a singular Peppermint Frog because it would show her you care."

"But I can't just get them anything, Moony!" Thalia looked at him like he was an absolute idiot - a look usually reserved for James and Sirius, "Eloise is my best friend and James is..."

"Someone you want to snog?" Remus offered and Thalia slapped him around the head before getting distracted by something shiny behind him,

"Oooh." she muttered as she walked towards it and saw it was a pair of circle, gold-rimmed glasses that were identical to James' other than the fact that they gave anyone who came within a 2 metre radius hives, other than the wearer. "Bingo." she whispered and carefully picked them up, holding them away from her and beaming at Remus, "Oh the joys of going to Hogsmeade instead of Herbology."