TWENTY-SEVEN

Thalia was being squeezed in the tightest hug she had ever experienced

Thalia was being squeezed in the tightest hug she had ever experienced. Courtesy of Sirius, Remus and the Potter twins of course.

"Guys! I can't- I can't breathe." She wheezed but was ignored by her friends as Sirius stroked her hair and pretended to cry; Remus clutched at her shirt and claimed he needed to remember what she smelled like; Eloise buried her face into her shoulder; and James pinched her cheeks and muttered about missing their chubbiness.

"Who are you going to sit with?" Sirius sighed as he picked up a strand of her hair and placed it over his lips like a moustache. Thalia snatched her hair back and shook her head,

"I'll sit with Marlene or Reg-"

"No!" Eloise cut Thalia off as her head whipped up and she pointed a finger in the girl's face, "You said that was over."

"It is." Thalia said through clenched teeth and gestured furiously towards the eagerly listening boys. Either Eloise didn't realise what she was trying to say or simply didn't care as she carried on talking,

"So the fling is no more?" She asked with a smug grin and Thalia began thinking of ways to kill her without it being traceable back to her,

"Fling?" Sirius repeated with far too large a grin for it to be deemed innocent,

"You had a fling?" Remus joined in and Thalia began mumbling out loud about methods of killing three people.

"With who?" It was James' turn to question the girl although his voice lacked the excitable tone that Sirius' and Remus' held, and there was the fact, of course, that he already knew. Thalia stopped her murderous planning and frowned at the boy as he tilted his head and became unaware of his bottom lip sticking out slightly. Thalia was aware of it though...very aware.

"Umm." She inspected her fingernails, "No one important."

"Arguable." Eloise mumbled and Thalia jabbed her in the ribs with her elbow,

"How so, darling?" Sirius asked and Eloise cast a nervous look to Thalia,

"Thals...Thalia...he's doing the thing." She whispered and Thalia looked up to see Sirius looking at her with his grey eyes boring into Eloise's intently and his teeth biting his lip. Thalia cursed the boy as she knew he was only doing it to get his way with his girlfriend. She also cursed him because she knew it was going to work. Eloise began frantically slapping Thalia as she couldn't look away, "Thalia...Thalia he- fucking hell how does he do that? I need to tell him, Thals...look at hi-"

"It was Regulus." Thalia blurted out and Sirius' face dramatically changed,

"What?"

"Regulus Black?" Remus' eyes were wide and his mouth had dropped open. Thalia nodded slowly and turned her gaze to James whose face was completely blank,

"You had a thing with Regulus Black? I thought that was a one night stand!"

"It wasn't a thing per say." Thalia put a hand on her hip and stared at each of the boys, "We kissed a few times but we agreed that it meant nothing and it's stopped now anyway."

"It better have." James growled and Thalia's brow furrowed,

"What was that?" She asked and James' eyes widened,

"Oh, nothing. No, I just said you better leave...for the train." He covered with a smile and Thalia eyed him suspiciously,

"Riiiiiiight."

"Yeah, he's right, Thals." Eloise smiled at the girl, "Pads, get Thalia's bag for her." She told her boyfriend and he nodded as he grabbed Thalia's trunk from the bottom of the stairs. Remus made a whipping sound and all tension dissipated as the group walked Thalia down to the carriages.

****

Thalia couldn't help the grin on her face as she ran into her father's arms on the platform. Benjamin Scamander laughed as his daughter clung to him and he ran a hand over her hair,

"Miss me, Lala?" He smiled and Thalia drew her head back to glare at him,

"What did we agree about that name?"

"Only to utter it in the confinement in our own home and far far away from prying ears." The man recited the terms Thalia had forced him to abide by,

"Good boy." The girl patted his arm and laughed as he began grumbling about 'lack of respect'.

"Ready to go, then?" Benjamin asked and Thalia nodded, casting one last look around the station before she gripped her father's arm as he apparated them back to their home in Cornwall.

****

"May someone disclose why my daughter has been 'ere for over ten minutes and 'as yet to greet 'er poor, old muzzer?"

"Maman!" Thalia ran forwards and let herself sink into her mother's embrace as if she was a child again. She smiled into the expensive material of Camille's dress and let the familiar smell of pomegranate fill her senses.

"'Ow are you, Natalia?" She asked tenderly and Thalia sighed contently, relishing in the warm feeling of home,

"Good, Maman." She said quietly, "Better now I'm home."

"Miss me did you, ma cherie?" Camille chuckled and Thalia nodded,

"Hogwarts is wonderful and I love my friends," Thalia smiled at the thought of what Remus, Sirius, Elle and James were getting up to back at the castle. She could picture the scene perfectly in her head: Remus lying on his bed, smirking over his book at his friends as he popped the occasional square of chocolate in his mouth and made sarcastic comments; James laughing at his own wit and his tumbling laugh that bounced off every wall and filled the room with a cheery mood; Sirius squeezing Eloise tight and cracking countless jokes with a proud look on his face; and Elle taking the piss out of her brother as she angers him by kissing Sirius pointedly and giggling to give the whole thing away. "But I don't think anything compares to home." Thalia decided. The girl was sad that her parents didn't let her friends come over, at such short notice, but it meant she would get to catch up with her parents properly, and speak french without interruption, so it wasn't that bad if she was honest. What's more, she could always get Eloise to sneakily come over, the boys would mess up her rooms anyway.