FOURTY-SIX

The Marauders' seventh year at Hogwarts went by in a blur

The Marauders' seventh year at Hogwarts went by in a blur. Apart from the deadly adventures with a werewolf every month; being recruited by the headmaster for an anti-Voldemort campaign called the Order of the Phoenix; and Eloise getting pregnant in February of 1978 - nothing much really happened. James and Thalia's relationship blossomed beautifully and the couple were happier than ever and totally in love (they argued that they were a cuter couple than Eloise and Sirius as well as Robyn and Remus but the respective pairings disagreed). Thalia, surprisingly, was given the title of Head Girl alongside James but she didn't really do much apart from tell the Prefects what to do which she found great joy in. She tended to turn up to most Prefect meetings late because James had dragged her into a broom closet on the way - the goody-two-shoes prefects didn't appreciate that much. There were also some unfortunate things that happened in the twelve months. Thalia had lost some friends and was absolutely distraught when Regulus and Evan became Death Eaters. They were only young and were forced into it by their families but Thalia couldn't look at them the same way after they joined the cause that murdered her brother. Thalia would always cherish the friendship she had with Regulus but she knew, being part of the newly-founded Order, she would have to fight against them both in the inevitable upcoming war. After Nathan was told about Evan's new loyalties, he sadly ended things between them. The break up, paired with the death of his mother had caused Nathan to slip into a depressive state. The boy had to spend some time away from school to recuperate and for the few months, Thalia greatly missed his light-hearted humour. But, after recovering fully, his lively personality once again filled Hogwarts and everything started to look up for the group of friends. But then, just after Newts, some absolute bitch called Daphne...or something spiked Sirius with a love potion at a party and completely shattered Eloise's heart. This caused a small break between the famous couple that was Sirius Black and Eloise Potter. But they got back together not long after because Sirius punched a wall...also Eloise was pregnant with his child and only really broke up with him because she was DISGUSTED at the thought of him kissing someone as revolting as Daphne who she very rightfully christened her arch nemesis. Thalia promised her best friend that if they ever saw her again, she would punch one boob whilst Eloise punched the other. GO TEAM!

So Thalia's last year at Hogwarts was relatively calm and somewhat boring with such little happening. But, she had enjoyed every single second of her time at the school. The brunette girl sniffed and tears flowed down her pink cheeks as she held hands with James, the Marauders walking out of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the last time.

"It's the end of an era." Sirius commented weakly as he looked up at the enchanting castle the six of them called home.

"Who's coming with me to visit Birdie far too often?" Remus joked and they all raised their hands with half-hearted laughs. Thalia's tears blurred the vision of Hogwarts but it still filled her with the warmth and wonder it did when she first saw it two years previously. A part of Hogwarts was living on within the group as the Potters had invited Thalia to live with them in the mansion. It was a big leap for Thalia to move away from her parents and grandfather and begin living with her boyfriend but she was beyond excited, elated to move in with James...but mostly because of Eloise.

"How excited are you two to live with a newborn baby?" Eloise said sarcastically as she ran a hand over her swollen stomach,

"Are you joking!" Thalia wiped her eyes and beamed at her friend, "In three months my godchild will be here and I will spoil the life out of it!" she put a hand on Eloise's belly and the girl smiled tenderly, "You're gonna love me way more than Uncle Jamie, kiddo." Thalia whispered at the level of Eloise's stomach and James gasped loudly,

"You're on, Scamander!" he ran up to put his arms around his sister and Sirius, "It's basically going to be mine and Pads' child anyway." he shrugged and Sirius grinned as they high-fived,

"The legacy of the marauders lives on with this little one." he nodded, "How naive Minnie is for thinking she's seen the last of us."

"You will not turn my baby into your protegee, Sirius Black!" Eloise pointed a finger at her boyfriend sternly and Sirius shook his head,

"Of course not, darling." he cooed and kissed her head but shared a look with James, 'Definitely going to be my protegee.' he mouthed and James smirked. The group of them reached the boats and Eloise's lip quivered as she teared up again,

"Thalia never got to go on the boats in first year." she said shakily and Sirius pulled her into him, rubbing her back. Her pregnancy, along with leaving their home of seven years, wasn't making Eloise particularly strong in that moment.

"I get to do it now." Thalia smiled at her friend and reached out to hold her hand, the two of them getting in the small boat and giggling as it wobbled dangerously. The others got into the boat and it started to float across the lake, the spectacular view of the Hogwarts Castle getting smaller and smaller as the bow of the small, wooden boat parted the dark water, leading the friends on the journey from children to adults. 

"You ready, Lia?" James tenderly placed a hand on his girlfriend's thigh. Thalia put her hand on top of James' lacing their fingers together and smiling at how perfectly they fit. She was about to explore a new chapter in her life where James stood at her side, both of them jumping over any hurdles and obstacles that they came across together. She felt comforted by the fact that James would always keep her safe. With the approaching war, the future looked bleak but there was light that shone through with the exciting prospect of the new baby coming. Thalia was scared but she was surrounded by people that she would do anything to protect.

"Yeah, I'm ready."