TWENTY-TWO

awee bless, I missed our lil' rem dogg ^^

"Cured? Completely cured? Are you sure?" The girl gushed out, her green eyes wide, and her chocolate curls falling into her face, as she bounced around the room.

"Oui ma chérie, completely cured!"

"Maman! C'est incroyable!" The small figure bellowed, launching herself at the older woman.

"That means, it's incredible, right?" James chipped in, and Thalia cheered that he was finally picking up some of her beloved language.

"So now you must both return to 'Ogwarts, learn well mes enfants! Je t'aime!"

"Love you too, Maman!" Thalia replied before exiting the room.

"Au revoir Madame Scamander" James tried before she yelled,

"Non! Je m'appelle Camille, d'accord?"

"Je suis désolé, Camille!" He smiled at her in apology, to which she blew both him and Thalia a kiss.

"Bisous, Maman!"

****

The doors to the Great Hall burst open, revealing two figures, one tall one short, both beaming.

"We're back bitches!" Thalia yelled, much like her original entrance to the school. The Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables erupted into cheers, whereas most of the Slytherin's let out groans, jeered or hissed in frustration.

"Yeah, did you miss us?" James addressed the room, "Well of course you did, what a stupid question." The pair sauntered over to the scarlet and gold table, taking seats in their normal spaces.

"We really did miss you guys!" Sirius beamed, pulling Thalia into a bone crushing hug. She ended up being passed around, receiving hugs off all of the Marauders, who were all very relieved to see her back to school so soon, happy and well, the opposite to how she left.

"Is your mum okay then?" Remus asked, grinning when the girl broke into a huge smile.

"Yeah, Grandpa found a magical beast that can cure her. He reckons she'll be almost recovered by Christmas, so you can all come surf with us, like planned!" Her eyes were sparkling with the prospect.

"Is your house big enough to fit us all?" Eloise questioned, "If not, we've got plenty of room -"

"Trust me, Belle" James cut her off, "there is tons of room, she's even got a quidditch pitch!"

"What!?" The Marauders yelled in unison, Sirius knocking several goblets over, and Eloise saving them with a lazy flick of her wand.

"It's going to be fantastique!" The smaller girl yelled.

"Pup, why are you speaking French?" Sirius questioned, one eyebrow raised.

"Oh, sorry, I was speaking it at home, so I'm just in the habit."

"Fair enough, fair enough."

"But anyway, Thalia, I have a complaint to chase you up on." Eloise smirked, and brushed her currently golden blonde locks behind her shoulder, to reveal the spindly figure of Elliot, looking particularly pissed. "He claims you left him here, that you forgot all about him! Can you believe it?" She grinned evilly.

"You are enjoying this way too much, Eloise Potter!"

"I know. Anyway, Elliot claims I'm a much better owner, and he is going to live here, on my shoulder from now on."

"Elliot, no!" The now previous owner of the bowtruckle cried dramatically. "How can I go on? I can't, I can't live without him!" She lifted a hand to her forehead, pretending to faint onto Remus, who flicked her nose playfully. With a startled; "Ow!" She resumed sitting up straight, and turned away, mimicking wailing sobs.

"See what you've done now Elliot?" Sirius caught on, "Poor poor Thalia!" And with that both the 'sobbing' girl and Sirius burst out laughing. The bowtruckle then hopped onto the green eyed girl's shoulder, and hugged her head affectionately.

"What were you saying then Elle?" She smirked, and did a tiny fistbump with Elliot, before doing a big one with Sirius.

"Hey hey hey, you're my boyfriend, you're supposed to take my side!" Eloise joked, however Sirius shrugged his shoulders.

"I've slept in a bed with Elliot, I have to be faithful love, sorry!"

****

It was the date of the last Hogwarts trip before Christmas. It was also the date of THE supposedly fake date. Thalia stood in the Gryffindor common room, wearing her trusty black converse, tight black jeans, a stripy t-shirt and a pale pink fluffy 'teddy bear' coat. It was 11:17, and James was due to meet her at 11 o'clock sharp. The girl walked over to a sofa, and slumped into it. Maybe James was joking? Maybe this was a prank? Maybe she missed something? She had had enough, so sighing in frustration, she stomped up to the boys dormitory. Slamming open the door, causing Sirius to let out a very high pitched scream, she thundered into their room, and strode to the middle, where she stood, tapping her foot, and her arms folded.

"What do you want?" Peter asked her rather rudely. She glared at him. If looks could kill, the boy would be six feet under. She would much rather kiss Snivellus that marry this creep right now.

"What's the matter, Pup?" Remus asked gently.

"He stood me up." She said quietly.

"That doesn't sound like James. He's been going on and on about it since you two got back." He replied consolingly. "Even if it was a fake date."

"Maybe he was joking?"

"Was he fuck!" Sirius called from the bathroom, where he was delicately doing his hair. "Lou, said she could feel his excitement - you know their weird twin thing, despite it being fake." He grinned evilly, sharing a look with Remus. The two boys had James completely figured out, or so they thought.

"I don't know what I did to make him stand me up then." She whispered, her eyes filling with tears. "I know it wasn't a proper date, but I still made the effort for him. I'm so tired of being messed around by him!"

"Thals, you haven't done anything okay? Why don't you go to Hogsmeade with Elle, and we'll chase him up. Meet us at 1:00 at the Three Broomsticks and he'll be there. Any problems, and we'll owl you, okay?"

"Elle went with the girls."

"Then I'll walk you down." Sirius walked out of the bathroom with a grin on his face, "I need to see Eloise anyway."

"She literally left two hours ago!" Peter called and Sirius flipped him off.

"Who would've thought that Eloise was enough to make Sirius Black all cute and cuddly." Remus smirked and Sirius crossed his arms,

"I am not cute and cuddly." He scowled and Thalia and Remus shared a look, "What? Why are you looking at each other like that?" Sirius asked suspiciously and Remus reached into his bedside draw, bringing out a stack of photos,

"These pictures say otherwise, Pads." He held them up and Thalia recognised them from the ones Remus took a few nights ago. Sirius was holding onto Eloise with all of his might in his sleep with his head buried into the crook of her neck.

"That's not cute and cuddly." Sirius scoffed, "I did that for Eloise's benefit." He flicked his hair and Remus snorted,

"Then don't cuddle her tonight." He dared and Sirius' head snapped to him,

"What?"

"Don't cuddle her tonight." He repeated and Sirius shrugged as if he was indifferent to the whole thing,

"Fine." He nodded with a smirk, "But if Eloise has a hissy fit and starts hexing random things...I shall not be held accountable."