ELEVEN

double update is it? who even cares tbh?

"Padfoot! Hold still!" Thalia reprimanded as a notepad rested on her knees

"Padfoot! Hold still!" Thalia reprimanded as a notepad rested on her knees. Sirius was sat on his bed and Thalia on Remus' as she drew him. Thalia's head was lifting every few seconds to look at him before she ducked back down and made a few more strokes with her pencil - Remus had given it to her and she had to admit that it was much more practical than a quill. The door opened behind Thalia and she peeked over her shoulder to send Eloise a smile, "Hi, Elle. Where are the others?"

"James has detention with Professor Sprout for charming some hair on a Venomous Tentacula and calling it Snivellus."

"Classic!" Sirius shouted at the same time Thalia stifled a laugh,

"Rem is in the library with Lily - who still isn't talking to me about the whole Halloween fiasco," - (Eloise had pretended to be dead and let's just say that the redhead didn't take it too lightly) - "and Wormy's in the kitchens." She finished with a smile and dropped all of her books on Sirius' bedside table. She leant down to kiss him and he smiled happily,

"STOP!" Thalia bellowed and Eloise pulled away from the kiss,

"What?!"

"I was drawing him! Now we've lost the position! Well done, Elle." Thalia sulked and Eloise let out a tinkling laugh,

"Well, I do apologise." She winked and pressed a chaste kiss to Sirius' lips. She then flounced over to Remus' bed and sat beside her friend, peering at the notepad.

"Don't say a word." The small girl threatened without looking up and Eloise leant back,

"I said nothing!" She grinned and Thalia shot her a look before returning to her masterpiece. Eloise decided that, since no one was talking to her (Thalia due to concentration and Sirius out of fear for his life if he changed position), she would clean up the dorm a bit. She began straightening the sheets on the empty beds and she was picking up a shirt from the floor when she heard Thalia let out a loud groan,

"Elle, please could you leave?"

"Wha- but..." Eloise gaped and looked at her friend, slightly hurt,

"You're distracting Sirius". Thalia gestured to the sniggering boy with her pencil,

"I wasn't even near him!" Eloise crossed her arms defensively,

"Peepy McPeeper over here was checking out your ass and I don't know how much I wish to capture that moment forever." She remarked and Eloise smirked with a look to Sirius. Thalia was annoyed to see that he didn't look embarrassed in the slightest and merely sent a wink to his girlfriend.

"First of all:" he lifted a finger and looked at Thalia, "it's arse. A-R-S-E. Not ass." He mimicked and Thalia's eyes narrowed, "And second: can you really blame me?" He lifted his hand and gestured to Eloise who snorted at Thalia's murderous look,

"I am trying to draw you, you ungrateful swine."

"And it's been hours! When will you be finished."

"It's been twenty minutes." Thalia deadpanned and put down her pencil, "But I suppose I'm done." Her grin made a reappearance and she bounced over to Sirius, Eloise close behind. The three of them regarded the drawing. Each of them squiring and tilting their heads.

"Well..." Eloise began but pressed her lips together and peered at the picture again,

"I mean..." Sirius rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's awful." Thalia decided and she pulled a face at the drawing, "Like, that's complete shit." She threw the pad across the room and sent a smile to her chuckling friends, "So, who wants to play chess?"

****

"Thalia!" A voice shouted and the girl turned around. She was walking to dinner and was pleasantly surprised when Regulus came walking up to her.

"Hi, Regulus. Off to dinner?"

"That I am. Why are you walking alone?" He asked as they began making their way to the Great Hall together,

"Well I was with Elle and Sirius in the dorm but they decided to skip dinner to do Merlin knows what so, here I am?" She flourished her hands and smirked at Regulus' disgusted expression,

"Thank you for that mental image of my brother, Scamander." He shivered and the girl laughed,

"Anytime, Black." She winked and the boy rolled his eyes playfully.

"Is Lily still not speaking to Eloise?" He asked and Thalia sighed,

"Nope. I feel horrible for her." Lily Evans was a touchy subject for Thalia. She had never really had a conversation with the girl, despite sharing a dorm with her and spending time with her and Eloise occasionally, but she had a feeling the girl wasn't too fond of her. This feeling came about by prolonged stares and refusal to get to know her from the redhead.

"Yeah, Elle is pretty torn up about the whole thing. Lily's been her best friend since day one here."

"Why doesn't Lily like James?" Thalia asked and Regulus smirked turning to look at her,

"You don't know?" He asked and the girl shook her head, "Ever since First Year, Potter has been pestering Lily for a date. He was jealous of Severus for being her friend so began to target him for his pranks but the pair of them never got on in the first place. Basically, Potter's in love with Lily but she doesn't like him." Regulus shrugged and Thalia stared at the stone ground. James loves Lily? Sure, she had seen him flirt blatantly with her to only receive an eye roll in return but she never though he actually had feeling for her. An unpleasant feeling grew in her stomach, like there was a rock sitting in there. She couldn't quite explain why she suddenly felt the urge to rip all of Lily Evans' pretty, red hair out of her pretty, thick skull. But she did. She couldn't quite explain why, when she and Regulus entered the Great Hall and took their seats on opposite sides of the hall, why everything the girl said made her grind her teeth. But it did. Thalia noticed that dinner, how many times James' eyes flickered over to the redhead and she also noticed how many times Lily's eyes did the same. She couldn't quite explain why she wanted James' eyes to flicker to her every few minutes and why she wanted James to ask her on a date twice a week. But she did.