NINE

Two girls burst through the doors of Gringotts bank, giggling heartily and gasping, one keeled over and the other leaning on her, many disapproving glares being sent their way by the working goblins

"That was wicked!" The smaller one laughed, continuing to lean on her keeled over friend, who was still failing to catch her breath, due to the fact she was laughing so hard before recovering from their intense sprint to safety.

"I - know - right?!" She replied. After collecting several Galleons from Remus, James, Peter, Lily and, obviously themselves, they had made a daring escapade from charms to Diagon Alley, which included a very angry apprentice caretaker (he was called Fetch, or Phil or maybe Filch or something...) chasing them across the castle and through the floo network, until they finally lost him in a muggle furniture shop that Eloise had visited with her parents and James in the holidays, which conveniently held hundreds of fireplaces. The pair then flooed to Diagon Alley, where they continued sprinting, worried that the caretaker might pop up behind them. Thalia grabbed the galleons from her pocket, and they raced up to the front desk.

"We'd like to exchange this for muggle money please." The brunette requested, emptying her the contents of her palms onto the desk which came to about 60 galleons. Muttering under his breath, the goblin obliged, and putting £300 on the desk in return. Thalia watched Eloise's face fall, both girls knowing this wouldn't suffice for a good quality bike. Thinking quickly, and realising there was about five muggle pounds to the galleon, the girl spoke. "Please can you take uhhh...two hundred galleons from vault eight-hundred-and-eight - that's Scamander. Thanks." Eloise gasped beside her.

"Thals, don't, I should be paying the rest!" Eloise crossed her arms and Thalia sighed. She knew Eloise was more than capable of paying for it, seeing as the Potter's were a well known family and Thalia knew of their riches but she felt she wanted to do something for her new group of friends.

"No sweat, Sirius is my friend too."

"Let me pay you back..."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Let me pay half then."

"No."

"Thalia!"

"Will you keep nagging me until -"

"Yes!"

"Fine you can pay one quarter and not a knut more!"

"I'm paying half and that's final."

"Eloise-"

"My boyfriend's birthday, my rules."

"I don't think that's quite how it works."

****

The friends caught sight of a shop in muggle London. It was a grey warehouse, with the words 'Harley Davidson' on the side in large letters. Recognising this as a motorcycle brand from when Thomas was obsessed with them, Thalia pulled Eloise's arm, insisting they go into the building. The doors slid open, and Eloise who, even having lived with Lily Evans in a muggle household for three years, gasped and look for who was performing the spell causing the door to move. Laughing, Thalia assured her that they weren't being followed, stalked or watched, and the duo entered the shop. A shrill whistle pierced her ears as she caught sight of a young man, about nineteen years old, with dirty blonde hair and muddy brown eyes leaning against a bike that was opposite them. Having ditched their robes a while ago, the grey jumpers and skirts of the Hogwarts uniform were on full display, and someone was obviously enjoying the view.

"What?" Thalia snapped, narrowing her green eyes at the offender. Eloise knew the girl very well, just as she knew of her feisty nature, and that if the man provoked her, she would more than likely accidentally blow him up, or worse. She lay a soothing hand on Thalia's arm, which the girl shook off, and took a slow step towards the man. "Name." She demanded, causing him to smirk. 'Bad move mate'. Eloise thought to herself.

"Jacob. What's yours gorgeous?" Thalia let out a growl, and Eloise smiled to herself. This 'Jacob' was really going to get it in a minute.

"Not really your concern, pal." Thalia seethed. 'Why do I always go to my American vocabulary when I'm mad? No, angry, not mad. Angry.' The girl mentally reprimanded herself.

"Okay then, I guess I'll just call you Legs." He said, running a hand through his wiry locks, and inserting a cigarette into his mouth, which he promptly lit, and very obviously eyeing the length of skirt, or lack thereof. Thalia finally understood why McGonagall constantly asked her to make it longer. The vile man was staring at her long legs like they were pieces of meat, and he was a rabid dog.

"Hey, Sunshine!" Eloise waved her hand around and Jacob looked up to her eyes. Thalia watched as Eloise flashed him a falsely sweet smile and a hungry smirk grew on his face, "Eyes are up here, not down there on the floor with the rest of the grime in this shop." She then smirked evilly and placed a hand on the floor, "So why don't you lie down there with it? You'd fit in a lot better, surely." Eloise remarked and Thalia snorted. Jacob's expression changed to a scowl as he realised she wasn't falling for his charm. He registered her insult and he glared at Eloise, was taking a step towards her,

"You little bitch." He spat and Thalia's eyes narrowed. She stared down the man, daring him to take a step closer to them. His eyes widened in surprise when the flame on the end of his cigarette grew brighter and bigger, until it engulfed the whole stick. He opened his mouth, and let it drop to the floor, where the flame grew, and grew, until a healthy fire was crackling between the blonde youth and the door of the shop. Thalia stepped back in shock, realising she was the cause of this, and jumped slightly when a comforting arm was placed on her elbow.

"It's not your fault." Eloise whispered in her ear, understanding exactly what happened, and soon enough, the owner of the garage came rushing out with a fire extinguisher. Upon finding out the boy was smoking, he quite literally booted him out of the shop, fiercely telling him never to come back.

"Now..." He turned to face them dusting off his hands and shutting the door on Jacob. "How can I help you lovely ladies?"

Forty five minutes later, the girls emerged, wheeling a shiny black bike with a big red bow on it. Eloise jumped up and down, clapping her hands excitedly.

"He's going to love it!"

****

"Happy Birthday to Padfoot,
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!" The Marauders sang (well, more bellowed). They were all standing behind Hagrid's hut, in a semi-circle around Sirius, who was blindfolded, courtesy of Eloise.

"Okay, take it off!" She commanded, and without hesitation, he ripped it away from his face. Upon seeing the bike, he screamed like a little girl, causing most of the group to wince, before he rushed towards the shiny black bike the girls had bought earlier in the week. "It's from all of us." Eloise told him, and he ran to every member of the group, hugging them, giving both girls a twirl and Eloise a grateful kiss. Beaming, the black haired boy circled the bike, then took a running jump and threw himself into the seat. Kicking down the stand, and starting the ignition easily (which surprised everyone as he wasn't supposed to have a clue how to, being a pureblood, aside from Eloise, who knew he had wanted one for almost a year, and had been studying them hard) and roared off around the grounds, laughing like a lunatic.

"Success?" Thalia asked them all, a small smile on her face.

"Success!" They all chorused.