FIVE

Big fat filler but 'tis cute

"Please!" Eloise begged her, putting on the 'Potter Puppy Peepers' as Thalia had nicknamed them, and getting down on her knees

"Please!" Eloise begged her, putting on the 'Potter Puppy Peepers' as Thalia had nicknamed them, and getting down on her knees. "There's only like, one other girl on the team, and I know you're good, I've seen you fly when you think everyone's busy. And I know you were the captain at Ilvermorny!" The girls were in their dormitory, Thalia helping her friend get ready for Quidditch trials. Eloise wanted to make her brother proud, hoping his second year as captain was as good as the last, she wanted to be on the team again with Sirius, even more so now that William Wood had been kicked off the team (Eloise had told Thalia what happened with him and the girl was determined to find him so she could rip his eyelashes out one by one...Eloise said no.) With William being gone and his replacement, Martin Bell having graduated, that left a space for a new player, and Eloise had scouted out the perfect one. As much as she denied it, no one else could. Thalia was a brilliant player, and Eloise knew that with herself, Sirius, James and Thalia, Gryffindor would definitely win the cup this year.

"I don't even have a sweatshirt!" Thalia whined, making excuse after excuse why she couldn't possibly play.

"Firstly, it's a jersey 'Little Miss USA' - damn I really understand why James calls you that now!" Eloise exclaimed, getting a little too excited (quidditch did tend to hype her up a bit) and throwing her arms in the air, "And secondly, I have plenty, you can borrow one of mine until you get your own." The brunette sighed at her taller friend, who had golden blonde hair today, with a scarlet streak, showing major house pride. (Thalia became very squeaky when she learned her best friend was a metamorphmagus. She screamed for so long, she fainted, and upon opening her eyes, seeing her friends hair change to a worried grey, screamed again, only stopping when she passed out once more. The boys made Eloise leave their dormitory until Thalia could get some self control, and she wouldn't stop babbling about it for a week, much to everyone's amusement - the girl really had no 'off button'!)

"Okay." She reluctantly agreed, grabbing the red and gold garment, mainly because the 'Potter Puppy Peepers' had really started to take effect. She started to take off her own fluffier jumper, to get changed but froze when a scream came from the corner.

"POTTER! BLACK! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IN MY DORMITORY! GET! OUT!" This of course, was Lily Evans, who long ago had accepted that some rules, like the one stopping the boys entering the girls dormitories, didn't apply to all, in this case being the Marauders.

"I just came to see my sister and friend Evans, calm down!" James replied, shrugging and grinning as Sirius walked over to Eloise and engulfed her in a hug. James seemed to have stopped bothering Lily as much, to her relief and utter confusion. Thalia however, was with Lily on this one.

"James." She whispered dramatically. "I don't know whether you're looking at me, as I'm facing the wall, however, I do know that I am not wearing a top, and you therefore, if you are, that makes you a creepy little perv."

"Does she mean pervert?"

"Yes James! I mean pervert, now go away or I'm not doing quidditch trials!" At this, James let out an ear piercing shriek and ran at full speed out of the dormitory. Sirius, who Thalia made close his eyes, let out a bark of laughter from where he lay on Eloise's bed.

"He was looking." Lily informed her and Thalia grew very red before aggressively pulling on her slightly oversized jumper and harshly flicking her wand, so her waves flew into french braids, with a few wisps escaping.

"Let's go. I'm ready to kick James' ass of the team!"

"Thals, he's the captain.." Eloise reminded her, laughing as she did her boyfriend's hair.

"Shitting shit!"

****

The next morning at breakfast, after making the team (she was to be a chaser with Eloise), Thalia was sat with the Marauders, a regular occurence now which people had begun to get used to. Reaching over James for an apple, the smallest of the group managed to lose her balance and fall straight onto the table, upsetting many bowls of cereal and jars of jam, and frustrating many people. Remus growled as milk found its way to his lap, and cheerios to his hair. Peter screamed as his pancakes flew up and splattered onto his robes, Sirius cheered as the piece of kiwi Eloise had been attempting to force him to eat rolled onto the floor and away forever, and James let out a yell as Thalia's jaw hit the table. However she just shook her head and pushed herself up, announcing;

"I got my apple!" and hopped off the table, back into her seat next to James, wincing as she took a bite into it. 

"What's up, Thals?" Remus asked her, also noticing her discomfort.

"Nothing, I think I bit my tongue when my head hit the table, that's all." she replied, wiping her mouth, jumping slightly when she saw crimson on her hand.

"No worries," Eloise chipped in, being the best as charms in the group, she pulled out her wand and pointed it at Thalia's mouth. "Episkey." Immediately, the smaller girl felt the blood stop and she grinned.

"Thanks, Elle."

"Anytime." Eloise grinned back, and the two fist-bumped much to all the boys amusement.

****

The friends all trouped down the sloping lawns, towards their Care of Magical creatures lesson. Despite being back to school a week and a half, they hadn't had a single one yet, and Thalia was bouncing around, evidently anxious to get started. The group suspected she would be good at it, based on her family, and believed it even more so when she showed them her bowtruckle Elliot, of whom lived in her bed, unless he felt like a meander around the forest. So, when fifteen minutes into the lesson, Thalia had answered every question asked, and competed all the set work, the Marauders all knew why she was so excited. Her pale green eyes were shining and she was beaming the whole lesson, evidently proud she was doing her Grandfather justice, and making him proud. An hour and a quarter later, Professor Kettleburn dismissed the class, asking;

"Miss Scamander, please remain behind." She nodded at the others not to wait for her, and they sauntered off to the next class, while she turned to face the teacher.

"Yes Professor, is there anything I can do for you?" She asked earnestly, peering up at him.

"I was wondering, having shown such capability in today's lesson, would you like to tutor some sixth or seventh years for me?"

"Of course Professor! I would love to!" She jumped up slightly, ecstatic that she was recognised to be excelling, before remembering where she was and coughed, looking away. The man laughed at her eagerness.

"Very well, I will send you an owl with details. You may go."