2 - Reunion

"Lily, are you ready?" I twisted my long blonde hair in a bun, and straightened the black pencil skirt I had chosen to wear for the day slipping on my black pumps I headed to the kitchen, tucking my white blouse into my skirt as I made my way down the stairs.
Lily sat at the dining room table, Hunter along side her the two of them focused on her homework.
Hunters words to me the day Lily was born were an oath and he never failed to deliver, he was very much the father figure in her life and the bond between the two of them was just as strong as any between Father and Daughter.
My own relationship with Hunter was slightly more complicated, over the past 10 years there had been numerous occasions we had shared some not so innocent touches and kisses, there had been a lot of flirting but I never took it any further, my focus was always on Lily and I think he was waiting for me to make the first move, but the little shocks that went through me whenever he would touch or kiss me were getting harder and harder to ignore. I knew he had dated here and there though he never brought girls home.

"Morning you two" I kissed them both on the cheeks and went to make some coffee,

"Morning Mum, Can I stay Amelia's house tonight pretty please? Her Mum will pick us up from school and drop me home after dancing tomorrow, please, please, please?" I looked at my gorgeous daughter, bouncing up and down in her seat as she pleaded with me,

"I guess so, I will just message her Mum and confirm but that sounds ok"

"Thanks Mum, you're the best" She jumped from her seat and hugged me before running into the lounge room, I turned back to making my coffee when Hunter came up behind me his arms circling around my waist he rested his chin on my shoulder,

"You look good little one" He whispered against my ear making me blush, his mouth moving to my neck he placed a soft kiss on my skin

"Do you want me to make you a coffee?" I whispered, moving my neck to one side giving him better access, he placed another kiss on my neck this time grazing his teeth over my skin causing me to shiver against his body, he groaned

"Amara" he whispered against my skin,

I turned into him bringing my face close to his, he brought his hand up to my face and gently brushed his thumb across my cheek,

"Let me take you out tonight little one"

"Hunter, I don't know"

"Come on Amara, 10 years we have been flirting around the idea of you and me, let me take you on a real date, just us"

"Ok" I smiled at him shyly,

"Ok" He repeated taken aback by my acceptance, I nodded, he placed his lips on mine giving me a brief kiss before pulling away again, "Be ready at 6" He turned, smiling at me as he grabbed his brief case and jacket before making his way out the door.

I certainly had a lot of growing up to do over the past few years, Something that having a child will do to you, but these boys had stuck to my side the whole time, and despite my constantly telling them to go out and enjoy their own lives, they had still come home to us every night.
Hunter studied Law at uni, he graduated with honours and a specialty in criminal law, he worked for one of the more prestigious firms in the city and was well respected and extremely good at what he did but I knew there was a part of him that didn't really enjoy it and I also knew he was capable of more.
I took a part time job as an administration officer at the main hospital in town, I looked after all the surgical bookings for the ward. It was 4 days a week and they were happy for me to work around school hours so I could drop Lily off and pick her up from school everyday.
Ryder was a physiotherapist for a football team so he was away a lot, he was good at his job though and he had signed a 5 year contract with one of the major league teams earlier this year.
Hunter had made the decision a few years ago that we had outgrown the apartment we had lived in since we first came to the city and it was time to move somewhere with more space for Lily, so he purchased a lovely place outside the city.