5 - Rewind

10 YEARS EARLIER

"Catch me Ash" I took a running leap into the warm water of Ashers parents heated pool, Ashers parents were quite well off and their indoor heated pool was a great way to pass the time when the weather outside was shit.

"Fuck Amara" he had barely turned around as my body slammed into the water splashing over him, still shaking it off and rubbing it away from his eyes as I surfaced - laughing "Bitch" he lunged for me, pushing me under but somehow I managed to grab a  hold of his hand first and drag him down with me.
We resurfaced again, this time a few feet apart.

"I can't believe Bree's parents are keeping her locked up all weekend" I complained, fixing the thin black bikini that was barely covering me up, slightly over exaggerating my movements when I caught Ash's bright blue eyes watching me closely, his eyes trained onto my chest,

"No one to blame but herself, she left 2 assignments to the last minute - stupid girl" I swam towards Ash

"That's quite judgemental of you Dr. Michaels, don't need to be a dick about it" reaching Ash's side I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself  closer to him wrapping my legs around his waist, his hands went to my waist, holding me.

Asher and I had been friends for 18 years, our fathers were mates in high school and they remained friends to this day, of course I think our Mothers secretly hoped Ash and I would end up married with a million babies but we had never been anything more than just friends, we had seen each other naked countless times, shared a bed almost every night since we were around 4 years old and never went more than a few hours without talking to each other and that was usually only during school hours when we didn't share a class together, but that was how far it had ever gone. Mind you the guy was definitely a looker though, at 6ft3 he was one of the tallest in the class, his dark brown hair was always immaculate and often he would wear it spiked up, his skin was a beautiful golden bronze and he had big stunning blue eyes, Ash was a swimmer so his upper body was toned and muscular while his leg muscles were defined. He was absolutely a good looking guy and lately our dynamic seemed to be changing a little bit, constantly we would find little ways to touch each other whenever we could, whether it be small kisses or holding hands, and I swear I could feel him jump every time our skin connected.

"I am not being judgemental or being a dick Mara, she has had the assignments for weeks, she should've done them"

"Well she was busy with Jayden"

"He's using her you know?" Ash said, I shrugged

"She'll figure it out" Ash nodded at me,

"And what about you huh?" Ash raised his eyebrows at me in question before continuing, "You figure you're shit out yet, what you want to do when we get out of here?"

"Nope, not yet doc". Asher had wanted to be a doctor for as long as I could remember, He worked hard at school and had a pre-acceptance to pretty much any uni he wanted, I on the other hand had no idea what I wanted to do yet. "But I think I will take you up on your offer to move with you, maybe I can get a job and work for a year while I figure it out.

"Sounds like an ok plan"

"As long as I won't be in your way"

"Shut the fuck up Amara"

"What? You have worked so hard for this and you're almost there, I will not be the one to ruin it"

"You don't ruin my life Amara, you make it better" He placed his forehead on mine, his big blue eyes looking deep into mine - holding nothing but honesty in them. I tightened my hold around his neck as I placed a kiss on his lips.