17 - Custody

3 weeks have past since the last time I spoke to Asher, 3 weeks since I have felt his soft kisses on my face or his big arms wrapped around my body.
3 week have passed since Lily saw her father, since she even spoke the word Dad, she didn't speak to me for the first few days after I told her that our plans had to change, that we needed to stay in the city, and that we probably wouldn't see much of Ash any more. I didn't place the blame on anyone but me, I didn't want her to hate him - if she decided when she was older that she wanted to look for him, I didn't want her to have formed a bad opinion of him because he never did anything wrong.

A lot has changed in the past few weeks, obviously we had stayed in the city, Lily didn't need to change schools and I kept my current job at the hospital, we had moved out though, I found a lovely little 2 bedroom apartment close to the hospital for us, it was fairly new, and being we were on the 10th floor it had amazing views, Lily loved it here and I set up a nice little reading area for her where she could sit against the glass windows and read or draw whilst the sun set behind her, it was her go to spot.

"Are you ready Lil, we needed to leave like 5 minutes ago"

"Yes I'm good - you know you're the one thats always running late right"

"Enough with the attitude Lily, let's go" she mumbled under her breath before grabbing her bag and storming out in front of me, my goodness she was going to be fun when she was a teenager.

I slipped the black pumps on my feet easily giving me another 2 inches on my height, grabbed my bag and headed out the door, I wasn't too sure about my outfit for today worried that the black dress I was wearing was a little too tight and a little too short but Lily told me she thought I looked good so I went with it, walking her to the front gate of the school,

"Don't forget I have swimming this afternoon, so you don't need to get me until 5 ok"

"No worries baby, Have a good day" I gave her a kiss on the cheek, watching her until she disappeared from my view before making my way to work, I reached the front entry and stopped briefly to grab my id card from my bag,

"Excuse me Miss "I turned around, looking at the gentlemen who was speaking to me, "Are you Amara, Um" He checked a piece of paper "Amara Reid"

"Yep, thats me"

"Than this is for you" he passed me a yellow A4 envelope "Just need you to sign here" He smiled at me, his eyes carefully watching me as I signed,

"Thanks, are what is this?" I asked,

"Congratulations, you have been served, have a nice day"

I ripped the envelope opened removing the documents enclosed,

Asher James Michaels vs Amara Jayne Reid,

Full Custodianship of Lilian Ingrid Michaels

SHIT - I turned around running down the street, hailing a cab while I dialled Hunters number,

"Ugh pick up your god damn phone Hunter"

"Hey little one, whats up"

"Hunter, I need you to pick up Lily from school she has swimming until 5pm just pick her up from the front gate"

"Why, whats going on, are you Ok?"

"He served me with fucking papers, he is going for full custody of Lily"

"Jesus Christ, where are you?"

"I am in a taxi on the way to the airport, I am going to see him"

"I've got Lily, Amara, be careful"

I had made it to the airport in time to get a seat on the next plane out of here, which was only an hour or so wait and it was a 5 hour flight so by the time I got there I was bursting with anger, who the fuck did he think he was. I headed straight for the high school when I arrived, certain that would be where he was.
The secretary told me the directions to his office and I almost ran down the hallway, bursting through the door like a tidal wave,