15 - Fight

ASHERS'S POV:

I can't understand how everything can go from incredible to completely fucking shit in the space of 12 hours, there was something off about this whole thing and I'll be damned if I was just going to let it go.

What Amara didn't understand here was I wasn't the same person I was 10 years ago, I wasn't going to be a mess this time, no way - I had my daughter to think about so no, I wasn't going to be sad - I was fucking angry. Fuming actually - how dare she think she can do this to me AGAIN.

And that bullshit story about sleeping with Hunter - I knew that was a lie, there is no way Amara would cheat on me, I would put my life on it actually. I mean I know that she technically cheated on Hunter when we slept together the first time a few weeks ago, but I knew she would never do that to me. Which means she either really doesn't want me or there is something else going on here, and the fact that she isn't willing for me to have anything to do with Lily leads me to believe its the second option.
Fuck it near killed me though, hearing her say that shit even if I didn't believe a word of it.

It had been such a good day up until that point, I had woken up next to Amara, just down the hall from my little girl, and even though it had been 2am I still loved the fact I got to wake up with them in the same house, Enrolling Lil in school was easy enough, I got a promotion at work - I was now Head of the physical education department, but the best thing and the thing I most wanted to talk to Amara about - I filed for divorce today, Bree and I had officially been separated for a bit over 6 months meaning I was finally able to actually file for divorce, but I never got to tell her.

I tried calling her - a few times, but her phone was turned off - of course it was turned off, she was an expert at running away I wouldn't be surprised if the number was disconnected by tomorrow.

"What the fuck" I glanced down at my phone which had started ringing, "Fuck" It was Bree - what the fuck did she want.

"What do you want Bree?"

"Hey Ash, how are you?"

"Fine. what do you want Bree?"

"Wow Ash, you don't need to be so rude, I just wanted to talk to you"

"Yeah, well I'm busy so"

"Please Asher, talk to me"

"Why Bree, we aren't anything anymore, it's over. I filed for divorce today"

"W-what"

"You heard me Bree"

"But we were happy once"

"Yes, we were happy once, but we haven't been happy for a long time, and now we need to let it go, move on"

"She will never make you as happy as I could have"

"She already has"

"Please Asher, I don't want to lose you"

"I am sorry Bree, but even without Amara - we are done"

"But what do I do now"

"Go back to your parents Bree, god knows they have been begging you to since we split"

"I guess"

"Look Bree - I have to go, I've got stuff to do"

"Ok, Bye Ash"

"See ya"

That was the last thing I wanted tonight, I needed to clear my head and sort this shit out, I knew what I needed to do and this would either give me both the things I truly wanted or one, I walked into the lounge room, quietly sitting in one of the armchairs as I steadied myself, My mother looked up at me from the lounge she laid on - book in her hand,

"Mum, Dad have you guys got a minute"

"Of course darling, everything ok?" My Mum asked,

"I think I need a solicitor"

"Why, whats going on mate" My Dad lifted his head from the paper he was reading,

"Amara has changed her mind, she's staying in the city and she's keeping Lily away from me"

"Ok, what do you want to do son?" My Dad stood up, wrapping his arm around my shoulder,

"I am going for full custody"