18 - Home Again

"You ready ladies, if we don't leave now we will be late" Asher shouted from the hallway,

"Coming Dad" Lily announced, running through the house to the front door,

"Amara, lets go"

"I'm here, gosh - talk about impatient" I grabbed my handbag, smirking at Ash who was trying his best to look annoyed at me, He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his chest, tipping my chin up so our eyes could meet,

"Hell yes I'm impatient, we are going to see our baby - I can't wait"

4 weeks had past since Ash had found out we were expecting again and things had definitely moved quickly, Lil and I had officially relocated, living with Ash in the house he had built, for us.
Lily had started school and was settling in very well.
As for the job thing, well it had sort of become a sore topic between Ash and I, he felt that it really didn't make sense for me to start a job when I would need to take leave in a few months, But I had wanted to contribute to our life together, not live off only his income or his inheritance.
I didn't rock the boat to much with him though, god knows I had already put this guy through enough shit to last a lifetime.

We waited patiently in the waiting room at the clinic, waiting for our turn - well I waited patiently, I had to reach my hand across placing it on Ash's knee to stop him from bouncing it up and down,

"Calm down Ash, seriously"

"Sorry" He replied sheepishly "I can't help it, I am so excited" He really did look adorable, his face looked so light and carefree - he reminded me of his 16 year old self on this moment,

"Asher and Amara"

"Thats Us" Ash announced, practically jumping from his seat, causing the small red haired woman to smile at him,

"I am Dr Wilson, Nice to meet you both"

"You to Doc" We shook hands with her and followed her into the room.

"So Amara, we are having a baby I see - how have you been feeling?"

"I've been Ok, A bit of nausea and vomiting, and I am feeling a bit tired but otherwise Ok"

"Excellent, and have you started on you pregnancy vitamins"

"She has, every morning"

"Great, well if you would like to jump up on the bed we can have a look and see if this little one wants to show themselves"

Asher sat by my side as the Doctor placed the cool gel over my belly and started sliding the wand of the ultra sound machine over me trying to get the best angle,

"So you already have a daughter together?"

"Yes, Lily - she is about to turn 10' Ashton spoke so proudly,

"Hmmmm" I watched Dr Wilsons eyebrows furrow,

"Um, Is everything Ok"

"Well, just out of curiosity - do multiple pregnancies happen to run in the family"

"Yes" I whispered - oh shit,

"Cause we have two heartbeats here, congratulations you are having twins"

"Twins" Asher spoke softly, "Twins"

"I'll give you a moment" Dr Wilson exited the room, leaving me staring at Asher waiting for his outburst,

"Ash, are you ok?"

"We are having twins Amara, twins" I nodded, He stood from his chair and leant over me, placing a soft kiss on my lips "Could you be anymore perfect baby"

"You're happy" I breathed

"Of course I am fucking happy, you are growing not one but two more of my babies in there - it can't get better than this" he paused "Unless there is a third one she hasn't seen yet", I laughed

"I think we are good with the two".

My pregnancy went by so quickly and I never actually did get that job, choosing to spend my days volunteering at Lily's school as a parent helper and before we new it - there were two new additions to our family, Our gorgeous twin boys Lachlan Jack and Logan William were born 2 weeks early, both were perfectly healthy.
Ash was an incredible father to our 3 children and somehow managed to find sharing his time with them, working a full time job and being my husband an easy job.
There were times I would sit and watch him interact with our children, either drawing with Lily kicking the soccer ball around with this boys or reading a bedtime story no matter what it was it always took my breath away - I got to do this with my best friend, he was the love of my life, my soul mate.
Yes - we got married, eventually. We did end up waiting until the boys turned 2 and had a small ceremony at his parents house with just family and a few close friends, Our parents were ecstatic that we had finally sorted our shit out.
I eventually went back to work when the twins turned 5 and started school, taking an administration job at a local doctors office this time, it was a family owned business and they were great people to work with.
Ash stayed teaching at the high school - he was really good at his job and the kids looked up to him as well as the other teachers in his faculty.

Ryder got married 12 months after I did, he met his wife Jacklyn on tour with the football team, she was the on call doctor for a game and when one of the players was knocked out with a possible concussion she was the treating physician, They had 2 children together Max and Isabella, making their home in the city we don't get to see them overly often but we tried our best to get the kids together as much as possible wanting the cousins to enjoy a close relationship.

Hunter still hasn't settled down, he actually decided a few years ago he needed a change in career and now owns a chain of exclusive night clubs in the city. He has done very well for himself and is always a busy man, but he never missed one of my kids birthdays or any Christmas - he had always been involved in Lily's life and he always would be.

Bree got re-married, we ran into her at the 20 year high school reunion, Her and her husband Lee had 4 kids, all under the age of 10, she was tired but happy and he seemed like a really great guy.
I know what you are thinking, didn't I have a few nasty things to say to her after that shit she pulled trying to keep Ash and I apart? But I was done living in the past when Ash and I had been so happy together.
Besides, there was plenty of other drama at that reunion without worrying about upsetting Bree, and of course we were right in the middle of it - but hey, thats the next part of the story isn't it.