9 - 20 Questions

Warm arms enveloped my waist as I stood on Ashers back verandah watching Lily play on the swing set he had recently purchased, Recently as in like this morning - whilst I was trying to sort my shit out with Hunter, Ash went toy shopping for the necessities you know the stuff that every child needs - swings, trampoline, jumping castle - as well as a whole heap of art supplies he had placed in what was now known as Lil's room. Sure I could say something about him buying all this stuff for her - but he just found out about her and I knew he was only trying to make her feel at home.

"You ok beautiful" His warm breath fanned my cheek,

"Yeah, tough day"

"Hmmm, better now though yeah?"

"I hope so" I turned around to face him, "How did you go with Bree?"

"Ok I guess" he shrugged his shoulder, "I mean she took it pretty badly"

"God Ash, I'm so" His hand when over my mouth

"What have I told you about that word Amara?" I rolled my eyes at him, earning me a chuckle,

"Mum, Can I go on the jumping castle? Pretty Please"

"It's yours sweetheart, you do whatever you like" Ash called over my shoulder

"You know you are going to spoil her?"

"I can't see a problem here" he smiled down at me, his grin only widening as our daughters laughter carried across the lawn,

"Tell me what happened with Bree, Ash" He sighed before continuing, pulling my hand over to sit down on the deck chairs, we sat facing each other, Ash keeping his eyes towards Lil as we spoke,

"She was devastated Amara, she cried - she didn't understand why I had never told her that you and I were together in High School. She left, gone to stay with her sister or something"

"We are hurting people Asher, people we care about"

"Amara, seriously - I'm not doing this. My priority is my family and my family is you and Lily, so I am sorry if a few people feel like they are getting their toes stepped on but nothing will stand in the way of me having a relationship with my daughter"

I couldn't help but kiss him, the way he spoke so passionately about Lily made my heart flutter,

"What was that for?" he asked, placing his forehead against mine,

"Just cause I wanted to, that ok?"

"Always baby" he returned my kiss softly, "What do you want to do this week?"

"Whatever you and Lil want, I am pretty easy"

"Promise" he smirked at me, wiggling his eyebrows, I slapped his chest playfully and he shrugged, "You said it"

"So, whats the plans Ash?"

"Well, maybe we could spend a couple of days at Mum and Dads beach house, My Dad will be home on Thursday and he is dying to meet Lily and see you, god Amara I just want to spend as much time as possible with you both"

"The beach house sounds great, but Lil and I don't have swimmers"

"So we will go shopping then"

"Here, in this town, people will start talking?" Ash looked at me, placing a kiss on my nose,

"I really couldn't give a flying fuck what people think Amara and neither should you" I nodded slowly at him as he yelled out to Lily, "Hey baby girl, wanna go shopping"

"Sure Dad" Lily yelled from the jumping castle

"Holy Shit" Ash whispered, my face was numb as my heart swelled, "Amara -did you hear that -Lily just called me Dad" his arms wrapped around me tightly as he kissed me