40 - Landon

Scarlett's POV:

5 months, 156 days, 22.3 weeks, 3,744 hours is how much time had gone by since Jax and Seb left for college and I would be nothing short of a liar if I told you I hadn't missed them both every minute, but what I can truthfully tell you is that each day it got just a little bit easier.
I was not a some crazy teenage girl who believed in a happy ever after with her first love - I knew Jax and I had an expiry date not that it made it any easier to say goodbye, We make a bad habit of taking the people we love for granted, the people we see everyday the ones that are there for us when we need them and sometimes even when we don't think we need anyone.
Jackson was my first love, my first real kiss, my first everything really including my first heartbreak, but I needed to let it go. The time we had shared together would always remain in my heart, a beautiful memory, though that is all that it was - just a memory.

It hadn't been a complete white out, Seb and I spoke everyday and Jax and I had text back and forth and spoke on the phone a few times. We were on such good terms it was almost hard to believe there had been something between us only a few months ago. They were both settled into college, both happy and enjoying their freedom. There were only a few weeks until winter break and Seb had asked me to come and spend a couple of days with them, He apparently was the only one oblivious to what had gone on between Jax and I.

I had definitely dealt with things better then Emma, and believe it or not that was mostly thanks to my Dad. He never asked me to go into detail about what happened with Jax though I knew he had some sort of idea, the minute the car pulled out of the driveway, the second my Fathers arms were around me, his soft words whispered in my ear I was instantly taken back to being his little girl and I was completely ok with that. Surprised he had been so calm and reassuring - but I am guessing my Mother has something to do with that.

"Scar, are you almost ready to go"

I turned to look at my Dad, leaning against the door frame as I finished getting ready for school,

"Yep, almost - just need to find some shoes"

"Ok, I'll wait outside"

Slipping my feet into my blue nike sneakers I checked myself in the mirror before leaving, I truly hated my school didn't have a uniform policy, it would make it so much easier if we had one.
I was wearing dark blue skinny jeans and a white long sleeve top, I left my dark hair out but pushed it back from my face with the pair of sunglasses sitting them on my head. Mascara, foundation and clear lipgloss were my makeup basics. I grabbed a black hoodie on my way out the door and pulled it over my head before stepping outside.
The ride to school silence was filled with a karaoke session, another thing I adored about my father, there were only a handful of people that ever got to see this side of him, everyone else got Hunter Stilton - the business man version.

"Want me to get you this afternoon"

"Nope" I shook my head, opening the passenger door and lifting one leg outside the car, "I might hangout with Em, I'll message you if it changes"

"Ok, let me know princess" I gave Dad a kiss on the cheek before leaving him for the doors of my high school. School wasn't a nightmare for me, I was actually one of the more popular girls on my grade and no I am not one of the cliche mean girls that so many books and movies make us out to be, I tried to be nice to people, Our Mum always told us we should treat people how we would want to be treated, so I greeted everyone on my way through the hallway before I stopped at my locker to place my things inside and grab my books for first lesson.

"Oh my god Scar, guess what I heard?" Emma bounced over to me,

"Hmmm, whats that" I looked at her, the smile on her face contagious even though I wasn't exactly sure what I was smiling about,