37 - According to Plan

___

Andrew's Perspective.

Andre, Ray and I all sat in the car, silently stalking in the dark the only sources of light that we had was the dimmed moon behind the clouds and street light that was flickering on occasion on a giant abandoned house.

It seemed as if there wasn't a single soul living in this suspicious location. It seemed as if there was a zombie apocalypse with all the surround empty abandoned houses where the ground was scattered with rubbish everywhere, bits and pieces from used cars, cigarette buds and cardboard boxes that seemed out of the ordinary.

But then again nothing about this situation had faced me I had seen and dreamed extremely worse and I already see the danger around us, I was completely locked in stealth mode. I just hopped the boys were too.

We parked far away from Nikola but enough to see what is going on, it had been an hour and he still hadn't left his car. I was getting impatient.

"What if he hasn't got anything to do with Alexander?" Ray suddenly chimed in frustration. Both Andre and I shot back at him with surprised looks. I scoffed, "Did you not hear those recordings I showed you?"

"- Or the number of hints Alexander had dropped?" Andre cut in. Ray rolled his eyes and rubbed his face, "We've been going around in circles with this guy, we have no actual proof or evidence. I mean, how do we know for sure if he is working for Alexander, or how do you know that this man is someone we know of?"

Andre let out a laugh of disbelieve. "Are you serious right now? We have -"

"Ray." I had interfered, making Andre bite his tongue. "That's why we are here. To find out who he is working for. To know who he is." He was silent for a beat, too embarrassed to say anything but he rolled his eyes and nodded in understanding; looking down at his laptop. "I just feel like we are wasting time, that's all."

Andre and I both hummed in agreement, I sighed and finally diced it was time to look around. I took out the gun from the back of my waist, "we can't let this happen again, especially when we are this close." I squinted out the window to the boarding house, "now let's go and find some proof."

Just as I was about to get out of the car a hand grasped my shoulder, "What's the plan if we get caught?" Andre asked ever so precariously. My stomach twists and I gulped down the nervousness, simply looking at both as I said the most obvious. "Don't."

The Military was a three-year-long experience where I was reborn into someone new; to me, this was another mission, another optical course. Now I am using the abilities and experience that I have learnt leading the boys to a new course to save the love of my life.

Dressed in black I was like a shadow camouflaged with the night, quite I didn't even make a sound on the gravel as I ran to the house. I crouched down behind the porch and under a window, stopping the boys behind me I peered up and saw nothing but an old thin sheet draped poorly over the glass, it was transparent enough to see a small light coming to the deep end of the house. 

"Nickola is in the side." I hushed, drawing out the gun from behind my pants; quicker than ever Andre and Ray did the same. 

I bolted up, "Let's go."

"What?! Andrew wait!" Andre had hissed behind me; I felt his hand touch my shoulder but it was too late for me to stop, the adrenaline had already raced within me and my mind was saying 'kill.' I felt the anger spike within me and the force of adrenaline to kill was beyond words, my anger spiked and I felt myself explode with such hatred.

Nothing I imagined is going according to plan, and to be honest, I loved this plan even better.

The door had sprung open and I was pulled back ever so violently falling onto the ground with a hand clasped over my mouth. "Don't make a sound." Andre hissed. I stayed completely still as we watched Alexander scatter away from the house, he got into his car and drove away faster than ever.

My eyes went wide in disappointment and I felt myself shrivel. I removed Andre's hand away and angrily pushed him back making him tumble over and fall on to Ray.

"What the fuck is your problem?"

Both boys looked at me in shock as if I was crazy. "Did you forget the plan?" Ray fired. "You were going to get us caught!" Andre disapproved.

I was breathing heavily trying to condemn myself.

"We can not get into any more trouble than we already are." Andre reminded me. 

"Find the evidence," I said more to myself than the boy. I singled for them to look around and follow me and continued to sneak my way around the house, making sure that it was empty I made my way inside through the backdoor.

The dimmed light was now off everything was dark and silent. I turned on my torch and held out my gun, looking around as I prepared for fire; so far everything around me was clear from danger and I relaxed.

There was nothing but a disordered and empty kitchen, it was just as broken as it was on the outside it reacted like mould and shit. I covered my nose to the smell. The table and food were flipped over into a mess where the rats and flies scatted away as I flashed my light onto them.

Broken glass and dishes shattered on the ground, the draws were thrown out of place onto the tiled floor and as well as the other stored away from foods.

I could only imagine how much trouble Nickola could be in. I made my way further into the house, seeing displayed pictured, I was caught off guard because none of them showed Nickola. It was a picture of a girl and a little boy, maybe a mother and son. 

The living room was far worse than the kitchen, the sofer was covered with a dusty sheet and so were the windows, a glass table was in the centre of the burnt-out fireplace broken with a splatter of blood in the corner. There were papers scattered all over the ground and I instantly darted towards them and rummage through; Files and documents of a divorce, bills showing they were overdue and restraining orders too.

Domestic abuse. My heart shattered into a million pieces all I can think, why to treat the love of your life with such hate and violence, why make them hurt and cry if you were meant to love and smile.

I looked around again, it seemed like a house of wealth and happiness, but then again a house of wealth and happiness can be a depression. I dropped the papers on the ground and continued on my investigation; why would someone come here for a hideout, it was the most obvious criminal arrest.

My eyes caught onto the vanity table that was against the stairs it was clean and tidy with a small candle beaming for light. Opening the draws I found bit and pieces it was nothing out of the modernity until I found a thick file folder a picture was slipping through and that when I felt my heart and stomach clench.

Tiana's face and personal information were hidden inside; from family and friends to past relationships and schools, credit card numbers and phone numbers. What's worst is a case file of Alexander's arrest three years ago. It seemed only worst to find my pictures and private information including the files and documents from my Military enrolment.

I kept looking and it seemed to state a perfect structured plan of how and when to lewer away the prey. It had everything except the man Nickola was working for. This fucking asshole seemed to have everything he needs to get the job done.

"Andrew?" I heard Ray's faint voice coming from upstairs, I took the files and wooshed upstairs. Ever so quickly did the boys appear in front of me each with pure dread in their eyes.

"What did you find?" I whispered, Andre opened the file and pointed down violently at the file as he read fast and furious without a breath.

"Nickola Anderson. aka Frank, AKA Frances Anderson Dean, twenty-three, has a sister from Colorado. Ex-Marine Corpe let go through a Bad Conduct Discharge with several ongoing chargers."

I myself, was having trouble breathing,

"He has everything and anything that he possibly needs to continue an attack." Ray hissed, I looked up at him and gasped as if I had an idea. "Who does it say that he ever worked for?" Andre creased his eyebrows in confusion and I tsked rolling my eyes snatching the documents.

 I gulped letting out a breath. "Tyson Wade."

"Tyson Wade?" Both Andre and Ray gapped at me, "But he died in that fire."

"Tyson Wade was connected to Alexander Harvey. Which means they are working together on this whole ordeal." I explained. 

Andre puts his fingers to his temples, "Tyson, Alexander, Frances... You." he looked at me finally putting it all together, his eyes had widened.

"This is all revenge." he murmured.

Ray blew out a breath, "It's all happening when Mr and Mrs Cross leave to Europe."

"That's tomorrow night!" Andre intervened. My eyes had widened and my heart began to beat with through and around my body where I felt every drop of fear rush around me.

"Tia."

___

Author's Note

Are you ready for some action?