Homecoming Part 2

The flight had been around seven hours. Will was starting to suffer from jet lag, and was taking a heavy nap on the plane, but Lucifer remained awake the whole time. Lucy hated sleeping on planes. He hated sleeping in general.

About two hours from landing, Lucifer left the private cabin and went into the front, closing the door softly behind him. His crew became alert immediately.

"Sir," Lucifer's analyzer, and unconfirmed former assassin, Alice, spoke up from her seat. "I hate to bear bad news, but our sudden departure from the Collison meeting has lost us the account. Collison's people describe him as being particularly enraged that you canceled so suddenly."

"Watch your tone Alice," Ben, bodyguard, and former bomb specialist, hissed in the seat next to  her.

"I'll deal with Collison when we get back," Lucifer walked to the front of the plane and sat in a chair across from Henry, his second in command. Henry was hoarding an expensive bottle of brandy set on the tabletop, but Lucifer picked it up instantly and took a swig. "The meeting with Collison was a front anyways. Truth is, Collison doesn't really get a say in this matter at all, seeing as how his people are the ones dealing on my territory. If he doesn't want to play nice, then props to him, he's signing on his own funeral." Another swig from the brandy. "I'll make a show of Collison if I have too. I'm tired of the riff-raff pretending they have power in the states."

"Told you," Jared, sitting across the Alice, hissed under his breath. Alice glared at him, her hand inching towards the hunting knife strapped to her thigh.

"I don't particularly care for that right now," Lucifer began to look one by one around the plane. His motley crew of 'former' criminals, whom he had specially chosen each by hand. "Henry, you and Peirce can take care of things when we get back. For now, let's focus on Berlin."

Berlin. The million-pound elephant in the room.

When they were on their way to meet Collison, Lucifer had gotten a last-minute phone call that had stopped him in his tracks. He was literally just entering the Collison household when the phonecall made him go still, changing his demeanor in a way the crew had never seen. 

'Tell me what's wrong?' were four words Lucy's crew thought they would never hear him say. They had never seen him talk so softly, stood so still, then at the beginning of that phone call. And then suddenly, Lucifer was walking back to the car and slamming the door behind him before speeding away.

Henry rallied the team immediately to follow him and told them he was probably going to the airport. In which case they had to call the flight crew to get there ASAP.

Lucifer explained nothing to them. He simply sped to the private airstrip and boarded the jet, and after ordering Henry aboard with half his team, Lucy locked himself in his private cabin and wasn't seen since.

The team had no idea where they were going until a couple of hours later they were landing on the east coast on a military airstrip. Lucifer had finally stepped out and told them they were headed to Berlin, to investigate a car accident that had happened a couple of hours before.

Next thing they knew, Lucy was getting off the plane and meeting a strange tall man in military uniform. And just when things couldn't get any more bizarre, Lucifer Helgrim, the Angel of Death, the Western Warlord, the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse, stepped off the plane and embraced the man they had never even seen, with no context what so ever.

It was unheard of.

Lucifer always did whatever he wanted, and that included...sex. He had sex whenever and wherever he wanted, but never in his own home. When he had lovers over, they were always at hotels or in separate private properties, but never has he invited someone into his personal space like this. His crew, and the world as it would seem, assumed that Lucifer was just the devil incarnate. He was a sociopath in tatted skin. But, never had Lucifer looked so... gentle, then when he stepped up to the soldier.