F is for Family...kind of

For the record, Nya's not great at meeting people either. 

She's like an actress. She can play the parts, she can walk the red carpet, smiling and laughing and crying. But this time it has to be different.

She wants to meet Lucifer's followers the right way. The most genuine way, but she's never been afraid of rejection that way she is right now. 

Their house is enormous. There's an entire other home attached to the main mansion, and this is where a majority of Lucifer's crew live. They tend not to come to the main house unless they're with Lucifer, but the opposite is also true. Lucifer never goes to them, and neither have Will or Angel in the week they've been here. It feels like meeting the neighbors.

It's just a house, she tells herself. It's just a house filled with assassins and analysts and world-famous con men who work for the most infamous mafia in the world. It's just a house, and when all goes wrong, they have something in common. They have Lucifer.

Nya's nervous, her arms loaded with boxes and bags of the treats Will's been baking all day. Will and Angel are off somewhere, awaiting Nya's return, but she's been standing here for the last ten minuets. A deceitful thought is born, telling her she shouldn't do this, but suddenly the decision isn't hers anymore. 

The door swings open.

"When- oh."

A woman stands on the other side. She is tall and lean, with skin like dark stone and long thin braids that float around her, decorated with shells and silver. She's stunning and Nya's seen her before. "Can I help...you?"

Nya's thankful for the mask that covers her lower face, hiding her open gaping mouth that's catching flys right now. An awkward moment passes and it's like someone snapped a rubber band on Nya's skin, forcing her into action. Nerves be damned. 

"Hi! You're Kayla right?"  Nya says, smiling with her eyes as she startles the other girl. " I'm Nya! I thought I'd stop by and bring some extra treats we had from the main house. Will made too many and I'd hate if they went to waste." Liar liar pants on fire. 

The dark-skinned girl hesitates, looking Nya up and down, unsure of what she's supposed to say. 

"Kayla," a voice rings within the house, "you forgot the- fuck." 

Alice, the short blonde from the airplane, stops behind her girlfriend. Nya is the last person she expected to see in front of their door. 

"Hi Alice," Nya says cheerily, trying to turn the tide on how awkward it is right now. Nya feigns ignorance and pretends that this is the most normal meeting in the world. "It's so nice to see you again! I brought treats. Will made them but they're from all of us."

Alice and Kayla are star struck. It's like something out of a movie, like all the talking and thinking they've done over the last week has manifested Nya on their doorstep. 

But Nya's not the only one with an alternative motive. "H-hi Nya," Alice stutters, trying to focus herself as she steps next to Kayla and pulls the door completely open. "Can I help you bring those in? We can put them in the general room." Alice smiles, but Kayla can tell it is strained and nervous, though she is playing this part very well. 

She's being a little too nice. Kayla's not sure what Alice is up too, and that's a scary thought. 

Nya smiles back. She likes Alice already. Her shoulders relax and she takes thoughtful steps into the house. Into the lion's den. She swallows her nerves and takes in the interior of the house. 

"Looks just like Lucifer's," Nya says as a joke while she passes off some of the bags and boxes in her arms. 

Alice chuckles lowly but the joke goes over Kayla's head. "It's designed the same," Kayla says bluntly, watching her girlfriend and their intruder. "No one here is very keen on decorating." And with that Kayla leads the way to the general room.