Family doesn't apologize

The boys each reacted differently.  

Will proceeded to reach forwards and drag Nya back agast his chest. He sat her in his lap as he sat down on the couch. He held her close while she sat on his thighs, offering up his strength to her, because he wasn't very good with words. 

Angel stood, still star-struck. He'd never heard Nya say 'Im sorry' and quiet honestly it pissed him off. He himself had never uttered those words a day in his life. 

And Lucifer... well Lucy was beyond pissed. He strutted straight forward and yanked the coffee table away so there was more space in front of Nya and Will. The room remained silent as the Fallen Angel himself fell to his knees before Nya and placed his hands on either side of her face. 

"Don't you ever say those words again," he hissed. He wasn't angry at her, but he was angry nonetheless. "You don't ever have to apologize for anything." His eyes never left Nya's, and the hazel green of his iris washed over her with a wave of calm. "Do you understand?"

The car crash, the dramatic homecoming, the months apart from one another, everything was coming down on Nya and making her feel guilty. She loved and missed her family, but it was killing her that they had dropped everything in their lives just to come and take care of her. Nya wanted to take care of herself. 

Her eyes became cloudy. She started, "Budt-"

"You don't ever have to apologize to us, Nya," Lucy repeated sternly. 

She felt his hands tighten around her face and his thumb swiped away a runaway tear. Will's hands tightened around her waist as he pressed her against him and pushed his face against her shoulder. The boys agreed that Nya had nothing to be sorry for, but Will and Angel just didn't know how to say that, so they let Lucifer do the talking. 

"You got hurt," Lucifer continued, "you were stalked and assaulted and you did everything right Nya. We're here because we want to be here. Because you are our family. You never apologize to family. Do you understand." It wasn't really a question this time.

Nya looked him in the eyes and bit her lip for a moment. She let Lucifer's words settle inside her, and with a final breath, she let go of the guilt and distress and gave Lucifer a small smile. "I missed you," she signed with steady hands. 

"I missed you too," he signed back. And with that Lucifer finally pulled Nya towards him for a tight hug. 

He smelled like silk and cigaret smoke. 

And with that, their small, fucked up, and unstable family was back together again, and none of them were ready to let go of each other any time soon. 

***

The night was one of joy and comfort after that. 

Lucifer continued to go on an angry rant in which he cussed out all of them and all of his team, in possibly every language that exists. Angel entertained himself by pocking the bear with witty insults and quips, and managed to ring up a rather large charge to the room, as he sent up bottle after bottle of alcohol. 

Will proceeded to tidy up the room, an unexplainable urge and habit of his, as he lectured both Nya and Angel on wearing 'real' clothes after he riffled through their luggage and found an alarming amount of lingerie. 

Nya tried to stay awake as long as possible, still dressed in only her underwear and Will's inside out t-shirt that smelled like his aftershave. But the day's events were finally catching up to her for the final time, and very soon, she was passed out on the couch with her head in Angel's lap as he scrolled his phone, half-listening to Lucy and Will.